Kenne Bell VS Whipple Superchargers

Domcall

May 14, 2008
To upgrade from a stock supercharger, what would be the best bet, Kenne Bell or Whipple ???????

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Dont think.

No brainer,Whipple did that on both GTs.Two start with.Go big the first time.
Like a wast of time.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
does anybody have the kenny bell, I have never seen one on a gt.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Kenne Bell has never released the upgraded blower on their website, as far as I know.

Whipple is on their second generation of GT blowers.

Domcall

May 14, 2008
If you go to the Keene Bell web site, they have the blower for the GT, just wondering if anybody had one.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, it's been on there for quite some time. However, I've never seen one on a car, and after repeated inquiries, never got an answer to when/whether it would be released.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Whipple a proven product with the most installed units! Great knowledge and support from 3rd parties on how to tune them and what to expect performance wise. KB?

Domcall

May 14, 2008
Whipple it is.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Whipple it is.

Excellent choice !

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
No.
Do a search, the search button can be your friend.
Most folks are very unhappy with Bell's products.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Don't forget to evaluate Stillen's soon to be released SuperCharger.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I talked to Jim Bell for over 18 months and gave up over a year ago....

Forgetaboutit

Whipple it is!

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
In the midst of the Bell bashing I must stick up for Kenne at least on my experience. In addition to my GT I also have an '07 Mustang Shelby GT500. It was a no brainer that Kenne Bell had the best system. Great step by step instructions allowed me to install everything myself. I'm now at 705 HP to the rear wheels. With a pulley change, better gas, and another program installation it will pull just over 800. I found the kit extremely well thought out and everything fit like a glove. I've seen other kits requiring the body to be shimmed up in order to clear their superchargers. I understand Kenne has contacts in the SVT group that supplied him with a lot specific info that have helped him develop such a great system for the GT500. I would think such info would also help with the GT.

Since the 500 GT is basically the same engine as the GT (except in cast iron) I would think this same supercharger would need very little modification to provide the GT with the same power.

Can anyone be more specific as to what the complaints are with Kenne Bell's supercharger?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't think anybody has a complaint about it because I don't think anyone has ever seen one on a car. KB makes good stuff. I think Bony was referring to issues a few people had with the blower snout.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Who is bashing bell?

By any slim chance did you do a search to learn what is already posted.

You will find instances of leaking snouts being removed and offered for sale. Plus products offered

that are not available.
Such as the blower. To the best of my knowledge none has ever been installed on the FGT.

I tried to do business with them when I first got my FGT.

Finally, Stillen and Whipple are supporting vendors. By the way point me to one negative post about either of these firms.

Support our vendors!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Who is bashing bell?

By any slim chance did you do a search to learn what is already posted.

You will find instances of leaking snouts being removed and offered for sale. Plus products offered that are not available.

Finally, Stillen and Whipple are supporting vendors. By the way point me to one negative post about either of these firms.

Support our vendors!

Sadly it is very easy to find a less than stellar chain of events based on the Kenny Bell supercharger snouts alone. Far too many seals replaced before most if not all finally gave up on them.

Now as a side note I too have heard that Kenny Bell's Mustang program has remained strong however simply because both gals have similar hearts does not mean that the results once hardware is placed in operation would be the same. Furthermore and this is "HUGE" to me; no matter how great the product it is only as strong as the service behind it and IMO "Kenny Bell's" after the sale service is ....... well let's say; less than stellar.

With regards to Whipple's present program; not only has it been strong but as stated IMO even more important Art, Dustin, Michael, as well as the rest of the Whipple team remain accesible and care after the sale. Which brings me to Stillen; I have never done any direct business with them on a Ford GT level however the feed back as received from others that have has always been "thumbs up" as such where to go and who to consider is a no brainer for me.

As Bony stated and I agree; please support the Forum vendors as they are supporting this Forum and in doing so constantly listen to what folks are looking for.

Takes care

Shadowman

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Sorry if anyone misinterpreted my point. The subject was "Kenne Bell vs Whipple" and the question was asked "Which is the best". I agree Whipple is a great supercharger. I also see that Kenne Bell to date is just starting to get into the GT arena. He is very experienced with Mustangs and in my case (and after many thousands of miles) I've been happy with my Kenne Bell system. Sometimes I have had trouble getting someone on the phone, but when I do they have been very helpful. I see their current ad states "Shelby automobiles and Kenne Bell have developed an exclusive supercharger kit for the new ultra powerful limited production 725 HP Shelby "Super Snake". If in fact they are working with Shelby Automobiles they can't be all bad can they? Now, if this thread is evolving into Vendor support, I totally agree...WE NEED TO SUPPORT OUR SUPPORTING VENDORS!!! I have (in the short time I've had my GT) already purchased a rear bumper delete kit, an AccuFab exhaust system, and a transaxle cooler. The vendors have been awesome to work with and their service and communication have been second to none. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! p.s. sorry if I offended you BONY...it sounds like you (and others) really had a bad experience with Kenne Bell....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Nobody is offended... No problemo :)

I contacted Kenny Bell and ordered a snout and kit before the Accufab became available, contingent on them pointing be to an install shop in Fresno. Fresno is a car town, with close to 20+ Fgt's. They never got back to me.

As I wrote, we have proven products from vendors that suppport our forum.

Stillen has hosted our group twice, they care, that is important.

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Nobody is offended... No problemo :)

I contacted Kenny Bell and ordered a snout and kit before the Accufab became available, contingent on them pointing be to an install shop in Fresno. Fresno is a car town, with close to 20+ Fgt's. They never got back to me.

As I wrote, we have proven products from vendors that suppport our forum.

Stillen has hosted our group twice, they care, that is important.

Wow, that would be frustrating. I'm pretty much a "do-it-your-selfer" and nothing's worse than being in the middle of a car project and nobody returns a call. Poor communication is the worst....NO communication is worser..... ;)

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Go with the new Gen II Whipple....you won't be disappointed! I love mine.