Kenne Bell VS Whipple Superchargers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Go with the new Gen II Whipple....you won't be disappointed! I love mine.

Do they still only offer it in a polished version? I would love to see it painted the same color as the current S/C.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Mine is black. Talk to Dustin...I'm sure he can match the stock color. I remember someone selling a Gen I here last year that was painted silver.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
who has the best price on the gen2?

did u buy it directly from whipple? running 17 or 19psi?

Aug 25, 2006
who has the best price on the gen2?

did u buy it directly from whipple? running 17 or 19psi?

I read your question however IMO it is lacking a bigger component; who has the best service?

For example I remain available for all pre .... during ..... and after the installation questions.

I share this not to encourage activity in my direction but rather as a means to get folks to consider this aka service as a key component when making any purchase. In our International marketplace it is all too easy to get focused on price and in the end find yourself feeling like you were hung out to dry because no one is available to tend to your after the sale/purchase questions and or service needs.

We have many great vendors that materially participate on this Forum nevertheless IMO the question should be asked and their history reviewed; if for no other reason than it will insure that we remain surrounded by only the “Best of the Best”

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

Domcall

May 14, 2008
Well said :cheers:cheers:cheers

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Overall I agree with your point that service is something to give strong consideration to but not exactly in this case/question.

Im not asking about the installer; im asking about the retailer. The extent of their service is shipping the right product on time and to the right address. If you have any questions about the kit, you are going to call either whipple directly or talk to your installer.

Whether to purchase the kit from XXX website or YYY website comes down mostly to price for me.

Also, in my experience, Ive had just as good if not better experience with nonsite vendors in a lot of cases. I think being a vendor is more of a marketing decision than a measure of quality. I can definitely say thats been true so far with this car.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Overall I agree with your point that service is something to give strong consideration to but not exactly in this case/question.

Im not asking about the installer; im asking about the retailer. The extent of their service is shipping the right product on time and to the right address. If you have any questions about the kit, you are going to call either whipple directly or talk to your installer.

Whether to purchase the kit from XXX website or YYY website comes down mostly to price for me.

Also, in my experience, Ive had just as good if not better experience with nonsite vendors in a lot of cases. I think being a vendor is more of a marketing decision than a measure of quality. I can definitely say thats been true so far with this car.

I understand and so the lowest price it shall be.

Now for the record I truly was not meaning to redirect your question with another variable but rather to encourage you/all to consider more than simply the cost of admission but rather the total cost associated with the process.

Certainly you/all can purchase a Whipple directly from them at what I would hope is retail pricing thus protecting their distributors. You/all can purchase a Whipple through a mail order house with the only concern being the initial cost of admission and then your fall back position in most cases being a call to Whipple with questions and or concerns or you/all can purchase the Whipple from a distributor that also installs and services them through which you should expect and receive service associated with the purchase as such the process should be seamless.

Service comes in a variety of ways and its value will forever be subjective nevertheless what I was attempting to say is that the lowest price does not always equal the lowest cost or best value.

Now as for whether the vendors that materially participate with this Forum are better to work with when compared to a vendor that has no Forum association; I would like to believe so and yet sadly this will not always be the case as such one needs to remain diligent in selecting through whom there is to be an exchange of value.

Takes care

Shadowman

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I concur with the Shadowman on this one. I also buy a lot of stuff on the net and price is usually a high priority, if not 1st priority. However when I bought the Whipple I chose to pay a little more, but the comfort of the knowledge and support from the vendor overrided the small price difference <5%. Having someone to walk you through your install questions, reviewing datalogs from road and dyno pulls at no addition cost made it a bargain! If you don't need this type of support and have installed and tune a number of blown mod Ford engines, or have a friend that has, then price may correctly be your 1st priority. For me my choice was the right one. I got to know some great people from the experience and learned a lot about how to optimize and customize the tune.

In any case you will love the Whipple. The only thing better is a TT.

:cheers

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Mine is black. Talk to Dustin...I'm sure he can match the stock color. I remember someone selling a Gen I here last year that was painted silver.

I had the Whipple Gen2 fitted 2 weeks ago in stock look color. I have a KB on my '03 mustang, which is still in the shop after literally years of tuning drama. I was initially keen to see what KB would offer and asked my buddy James Parker of RWTD tuning to speak to Jim Bell about the GT. At that time the reply was very sad, he was afraid it would give the car too much power and he was concerned about offering a kit. This when the Whipples had been out for quite while. Subsequently in the last 6 months I heard about the KB again, but by that time I was sold on the Whipple and I could no longer be bothered with the KB vapourware.

Last edited: