Last American GT on build line

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I was at SSV today just as the LAST American GT went on line in station T-1. It's a Heritage. The first Canadian car came right after it. It's Yellow.

I guess my timing was right on today. A real treat for me. The first GT we built at Wixom was yellow also. :biggrin

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
GOOD JOB MY FRIEND, THAT HERITAGE BELONGS TO EDSEL,IS THAT CORRECT. :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
The last GT should be a Heritage, not a Canadian. :biggrin
Who planned this? :willy

Actually, the last 10 should be American Heritage, with a special insignia and auctioned off to benefit DBK :cheers

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
As Johnny Carson would say, I did not know that.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Last GT

The time line I have now is the last US spec GT will come off line at Wixom on or about 8-24-06. That gives a slight cushion in case any repairs are needed to any cars. As I understand it, any US GT left in the plant as of 9-1-06 would have to be SCRAPPED :frown

I'm not sure who is getting the last few cars, but I would imagine they would be for the big shooters in Dearborn.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They mentioned at the plant during the rally that a few were going for charity auctions. Similar to the first cars.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
gtjoey said:
GOOD JOB MY FRIEND, THAT HERITAGE BELONGS TO EDSEL,IS THAT CORRECT. :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314
I heard Edsel say that his son was getting the last USA machine and it was going to be a Heritage.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Last cars...

Appropriately the last car should be a Heritage! While at the factory I heard that Shelby was getting 5 of the last few in all back – no stripes? I bet he puts gold stripes on them!

Gordo.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Spirit said:
I heard Edsel say that his son was getting the last USA machine and it was going to be a Heritage.

I am selling it to him. :biggrin

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
GT Tech said:
The time line I have now is the last US spec GT will come off line at Wixom on or about 8-24-06. That gives a slight cushion in case any repairs are needed to any cars. As I understand it, any US GT left in the plant as of 9-1-06 would have to be SCRAPPED :frown

I buy scrap - 10 cents on the dollar? :thumbsup

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Thanks for the update GT Tech
Unlike most of the members of this forum I am just starting to get excited about the new arrival. I have watched the forum for many months(since Bony got rid of that Spider man thingy :biggrin ) and haven't been able to contribute much as I don't have the experience of ownership. This forum has been a great resource to help me educate myself and my dealer and learn what to expect and watch for with this purchase. :thumbsup

All of the owners have gone through what I am just starting to experience and I can't wait to see my new toy. It is scheduled for build in the second week of Sept. It may roll down the line a little sooner but I still won't see it until Oct. and in this part of the continent it may have to go straight into my trailer to get it home. We usually experience summer weather well into November so I am keeping my fingers crossed I can enjoy it a little before it gets sent inside for the winter.

Any updates you can provide from the "inside" would be greatly appreciated. :banana

:cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
At least one of Shelby's cars is blue, no stripe. I saw it being test driven by the engineers.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I saw Shelby's cars yesterday. Most are midnight blue, stripe delete and standard wheels.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
...snapped some pics of the last 3 GT's for the US during the rally. They were off to the side of the Saturday tour, locked away in a cage and looked to be completely constructed.

Shoman594

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
I drove from Chicago to attend the Saleen open house.

I was an experience I will never forget :)

Here is the last American Built Ford GT!

lastusgt2.jpg

Here is a link to the full version.

http://www.shocago.com/images/misc/lastusgt.jpg

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
You didn't happen to see a Canadian Tungsten with no stripes did you? :biggrin

Perhaps the very last car off the line may be a Canadian Heritage?