What would you rather have?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Excluding classics (7 figure 40-60 year old museum pieces), what would you rather have than your GT? I know this gets asked from time to time but I wonder if anything new out there has changed your mind.

The question is not in addition to your GT but what would you give it up for and rather have ?

In my own case, and Italia comes to mind but if someone put it next to a GT and said they cost the same it would be no contest. But it is a wonderful car. A couple of weeks back I had a yearning for vert, and went with a 2010 Viper just for fun, but frankly even though it is almost 6 years old I am hard pressed to find ANYTHING that rings the bell like a GT.

I suspect this may only further manifest itself giving govt intervention. I would be interested if there is anything new out there I am missing.

H

HHGT

Only one for me... An Enzo

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Only one for me... An Enzo

I had you pegged for the new M5 with the Ipad adaptor. Damn.

H

HHGT

I had you pegged for the new M5 with the Ipad adaptor. Damn.

You too.......Geez!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Heritage

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
How about a TT GT, or being 20 years old knowing what I know now!!!

BTW, Russell is still chucking the ball pretty well, even if he still isn't playing for NC State!!!!!!!

John

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
There is nothing that I would rather have than my GT.

But if the GT had never been built, I would have a Z8 in the garage.

FastFords

Apr 20, 2011
I'm surprised that I haven't read one of you guys wanting a Pagani Zonda (Cinque or Tricolore perhaps) or a Koenigsegg CCXR. Talk about sexy vs Playboy centerfold.

H

HHGT

Im sure someone here will say GTR

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I'm surprised that I haven't read one of you guys wanting a Pagani Zonda (Cinque or Tricolore perhaps) or a Koenigsegg CCXR. Talk about sexy vs Playboy centerfold.

This or the new Aventador would be the only thing. But I would bet neither would feel as good as a GT. I wrestled for a long time over a GT and a TT Gallardo and I have no regrets since I got the GT.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Yeah, if no GT I would have finally gone 6 figures for the Z8 but really no comparison. Maybe a Lambo.

Russell doing real well and couldn't happen to a better kid.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Nothing else. If the GT didn't exist, the most expensive modern car in my garage would be the GT500.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I have to say that visually I have liked a few of the newer cars, not in comparision to the GT mind you, just liked their look.

As for performace, once I TT'd the GT it pretty much threw all other cars under the bus. Where else am I going to find a car I can run at over 1,000rwhp, blow away mid six figure to seven figure cars with ease for straight line speed that is reliable and has reasonable service. Since the TT I have not considered replacing the GT. Although I do occasionally think about an R8 for a daily driver.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have a Z8, They are great but so different. Drop dead beautiful, no doubt.

But if they made this, all bets would be off.

Attachments

• DSC_0089 (3).JPG
    DSC_0089 (3).JPG
    76 KB · Views: 302

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
A 2003 aston martin vanquish...black with pumkin orange interior.......red calipers and a cd player with 007 songs....gtjoey1314

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
maybe a 288 GTO

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Fantastic, thought provoking question! I've been sitting here racking my brain, and I am shocked and amazed to report and I can't come up with anything. Enzo is tempting, but in reality, I wouldn't do it if I had to give up the GT.

Here's a telling fact: I recently ordered a 458, and I never once considered trading the GT for it. Just couldn't do such a thing. When I went in to my F Car dealer to order up the final specs, there was a thousand mile, red GT menacing the center of the showroom. It was pristine. Despite where I was and what I was there to do, I couldn't take my eyes off it. The F cars around it seemed to tremble in its presence, and none of them would make eye contact with it. I actually say a Scuderia inching away from it, moving cautiously to a corner of the store.

GT. Never, ever gonna be another car like it. Did I mention that I DROVE IT TO 210.1 MPH? If you don't own one, buy one. If you do own one, keep it. That, dear sirs, is my professional advice.

210.1. 210.1 210.1. Sometimes I wake up chanting these magic numbers.

H

HHGT

Remember guys I would still have the other GT if i got rid of one.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Most likely the new SSC Utimate Aero (whatever they call 'em these days). American made, ya know...and besides, as far as I know, their gauges work!

Edit: Tuatara (sp?)! I think that's what they call it!

Last edited:

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
"The F cars around it seemed to tremble in its presence, and none of them would make eye contact with it". .

The best description ever for choosing the GT over the others!:rofl:thumbsup