FORD GT at the ring.

TLP

Jan 21, 2006
Sports car magazine has this months issue with a FGT running the ring. I am sure DBK will have it up soon but it was pretty interesting. Especially the times mentioned in the articale.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Come on...you can't just post that...What were the times?????

TLP

Jan 21, 2006
It was an open track session, driver arranged from FORD RS europe, said he couldnt do a fly by at the end and had to brake for the pits, under the eight mark with traffic, he states with a little stiffer schocks and rubber ( he works and is sponsered by bridgestone) it would go 7:40! Thats 2 sec up on the Zo6 that ran the ring a while back! five off the carrera GT's best. That Zo6 had the suspension set up for the track as well as a closed course. After reading about the guy he has over 10K laps at the ring, I would take his word, now some one needs to run it on a closed course.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
TLP said:
he states with a little stiffer shocks ...

YES PLEASE! My car needs stiffer shocks, I'm tired of that floating feeling I get at high speeds, I could give up a little in comfort in return for a stiffer better handling car.

olibor

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
springs and shocks and other mods.

we have three gts which will become real 24 hour Endurance Racing cars. In the process we will do a fair amount of R+D. By september we will have some good solutions available for handeling and braking as well as center nut knock offs ans aerodynamic aides. It will be worth the wait. Get in touch with me this summer. Oliver at olibor1@aol.com

Pipelion

TLP,

Just watched a video last night showing a Porsche GT3 doing a lap at the 'ring'.

They said the ring has 147 turns. That must be some track.

Allan

Pipelion

Paul,

EF YOU SEE KAY EN CRAZY, especially the Bmer video because of the extra speed and crazy sound. I can't imagine how tough it is to concentrate for lap after lap at those speeds. Awesome and then some. Thanks.

As far as the GT3 it's real fast but the sound was so smooth it took away from how fast he was going. Still , imagine feeling the 'G's the driver is feeling.

Stuck drives for Porsche too, I think.

Another great video for your enjoyment is "Getaway in Stockholm". Check it out buy GOOGLEing "top gear", it will be in the top middle, a black screen with type. Watch it and post what you think. :biggrin

Allan

Pipelion

Paul, It's a must see.

Google Getaway in Stockholm , it will come up as the second choice under the heading "Street Racing Videos", it's a real video with no cuts, they mounted three cameras on this Porsche Turbo and go back and forth between the three. It's awesome crazy. Especially since no one got hurt.

Allan

TLP

Jan 21, 2006
centerpunch said:
I'm too old to watch those street racing things, they just scare me. And then usually I want to hunt the drivers down and shoot them for being such inconsiderate, dangerous assholes.

See, I told you I was old.

I would suggest you watch because youll notice they are actually pretty good about ensuring there is no traffic, and that a lot of the races take place away from traffic. Of course youll find pleanty where yes you will want to shoot some one. I read else where that five people were killed last year as a result of actual street racing accidents. More then forty people were killed with a telephone cord? :cheers

Guibo

Aug 17, 2005

Pipelion

Thanks Guibo,

Allan

Cool article!

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
so basically the drivers thought were with an optimized suspension setip for the ring, the car could posibly dip under 7:40.