Arrives Today!

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Morning All,
My GT arrives in ~ 2 hours :biggrin I purchased the car from a dealer some distance from where I live,sight unseen but recommended by a senior person in the Ford GT Program.No problems with the purchase-went extremely well and very professional.
I have been wondering if I should do anything special regarding having the car checked by a local Ford Dealer or someone else.I think it might be prudent to at least get the car on a lift to check out the underside and any other important areas which are difficult to see.
Any suggestions from anyone who may have also purchased their car from an out of state dealer?Thanks.
Quick observation,not topic related.I have found this site to be one of the best I have viewed.The topics and your comments/responses are relevant and informative,unlike some other car sites which are filled with flaming,B.S., etc. To all-Well Done!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
It may or may not be prudent depending on which dealer lifts the car and how they lift it. Ordinarily I'd say unequivocally YES, have it looked at. I'd ask your local dealer however if they have lifted and worked on GTs before. I've been to a few local dealers in NoVa and 3 have done work on GTs, some minor and some not so minor. All the others said don't worry, we've got a guy who has been trained. I'm not anti-Ford service, mind you, I just want to ensure that I'm getting the best guy I can find to inspect and repair, if necessary, my car when I get it. Check out some of the other threads here just to learn a bit more about what you can do to prevent some problems while you're ensuring that your car is OK.

Finally, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Must be a good day today!!!!

Where are you in VA?

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
I would a walk around, checking fluids, wheel bolt tighness and the like..and put a tank of gas thru it, before having anyone tear into her...your'e gonna love it...

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
So? How did the delivery go? Congrats on the GT!! :cheers

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Delivery went great.Angel Wings Transport,a sub of Reliable,brought the car up from Albany,Georgia last night and delivered it to my home this A.M.The car was in good condition-a bit dusty-with the exception of 2 small rub marks on the front hood sections.Looked like someone was sloppy with the tie downs during shipping to the dealer.We'll get these taken care of shortly.
I purchased the car from Ford Town in Albany,Georgia.I worked with Brian Willian,General Sales Manager,and completed the "deal" over the phone in 10 minutes.This is the first time I have had any dealings with a Ford Dealer,and I must say I was very pleased.
The car,as you all know,is far better than anything which has been written about it and looks better than any photos I have seen.The title,temp plates,and registration are in the mail,but I had to do some "Street Time" after washing the car today. :thumbsup Now I have to figure out what "varying the speed for the first 1000 miles" means.Today was a gentle "Welcome to my garage" day.Tomorrow......maybe a bit more exercise!

Pipelion

Tiger6,

Tre cool mon freir.

Question one; Had you ever seen a Ford GT in person?

Question two: What color is your new baby?

Congratulations on the smooth delivery.

Don't cercomsizet for 7 more days, don't shrink the pulley till summer.

Allan :biggrin

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Allan,
The car is blue with white stripes.I had a chance to drive one last year at Monterey,one of the "mules."Was not overly impressed at the time-handled great,thought it would be more powerful and louder,excellent fit and finish,who was the idiot who decided to place the sub woofer between the seats[gigantic "brain fart" on an otherwise excellent design team],read more about it,waited for the prices to come down to MSRP,and bought it. :thumbsup

Pipelion

Tiger6,

That's great,

For what ever reason I mistakenly sensed from your post you had never even saw the car. That amazed me.

I dove to Detroit yesterday and drove 20 miles off the beaten path to look at a midnight blue striped GT. It was posted on autotrader.com. I've not see a blue one yet. Arrived and ask to see it, they said we don't have one but we can get you one. I should had said, OK, can you get one in 5 minutes cause I'm in a hurry. :biggrin

Allan

PS Saw a Yellow striped one and a black one and a Carrera GT in GT grey metalic.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Tiger - congratulations on your GT, I'm sure you'll have a huge amount of fun with it....