Official GT Rally Update

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ok guys! Word on the street is out, and the dates are set for Wednesday August 9th - Sunday August 13th. Here's what I have to say for now:

1. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you're me), I'm sitting poolside in Orlando drinking a brew with the woman and two friends (no I will not send bikini pics...ok, maybe). This means I can't get out official forms until early next week when I get back to Detroit.

Me and wildman GT Joey have discussed the format/details for the form, and I will put it into a PRINTABLE format, which you must print, read, sign and subsequently fax to me at a number I'll be giving out when I get back. Gives us a hard copy to keep track of exactly who is coming. And it'll go a long way in helping the gracious SuperB assembling the registry.

We'll have some cool stuff for everyone coming, and the timely return of this form will help in that respect.

I will at the same time give you the details of the GT Rally accomodations at the Ritz. We'll have an approxiamate number of rooms blocked, and you can just call and tell them you're with the group and they'll give you one of the allotted rooms. This way you can book yourself and not have to deal with any middle man.

2. The rough itinerary so far is this:

Wednesday (or earlier) - arrival in Detroit at the Ritz-Carlton Dearborn
Thursday - Tour of the Saleen Special Vehicles facility in Troy, MI
Friday - Tour of Wixom final assembly, cruising Woodward!
Saturday - undecided, but possibly a party of some kind involving the relevant Ford luminaries, putting 100+ GT's in the front drive of WHQ for a great photo, etc
Sunday - departure

All suggestions are more than welcome. Ford has some great ideas we're working with, but if anyone has ideas for anything else, toss it to me or GT Joey and we'll see what we can arrange.

3. We have very limited space for this so it is absolutely imperative we get a final tally asap. We'll accomadate as many forum members and their families, and other owners as we can, but as of right now we'll probably have to cap it at 150 (which I believe we're almost at now, unofficially).

4. I'd like to thank everyone for expressing the desire to make this happen. From GT Joey throwing it out there and gathering the names and data, Awsum GT helping to bring in the Cali people, to the gracious people at Ford who've put up with my absolutely relentless hassling. In particular, GT Brand Manager Steve Denby and GT Program Manager Jamal Hameedi have been huge helps in making this thing a reality.

I'm gonna un-stick the other thread soon, and as soon as I can, I'll put up the registration sheet for you guys to send me and give you the hotel details. I hope everyone is as pumped up as I am. It's gonna be a great/historic/fun blast.... :cheers

So who's coming??!?!?!? :banana

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Why do you have to cap attendance? If the Ritz sells out can't we find our own hotel?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Who is coming? I'm in

Andy

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
DBK, GTJoey, et.al.,

Many, many thanks to you and everyone who has helped put this together. You're right, it will be fun and historic!

Question: I don't have my GT yet, my Michael Dell special has been ordered since last year, but I don't expect to take delivery until April. I think I read somewhere that priority was being given to owners and family first. I should have my car by then, so can I still squeeze in? I aways try to schedule some business in Detroit for Woodward the following week but would love to join you guys for some GT-focused (and whatever else comes up!!!!) fun.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Dave and Joey... and Jerry!! Of course I will be there!! :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
TEXAS GT said:
Why do you have to cap attendance? If the Ritz sells out can't we find our own hotel?

Ideally, we'll fit as many guys as we can. The more GT's the better! The problem doesn't lie with hotels or anything, but rather getting several hundred people through the plants. I toured SSV once previously and it took the four of us about 30 minutes to get through the whole process.

We'll see how it looks as it fills up, and if Ford and the Saleen facility can accomodate more, we'll go from there :cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I also think for ease of registration and security , which we will have , puts a little better piece of mind if we are basically all together. but if someone wants to find other accomidations , thats okay . i think dbk said the lot at the ritz though can fit the army so i think as path of least resistance it would be best. Im meeting dbk in apr/may to run though the routine in detroit ,we should have a handle on things then. thanks gtjoey1314 :thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Look forward to meetings, seeing and being with everybody......... Thanks and good job Joey! :cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Enjoy, i will start calling leno s office and the rest tomorrow to see who can confirm coming.thanks mad in nc :thumbsup

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Parking Security?

Assume the Ritz and/or alternate hotesl will have secure parking for our GT's? It's a must, otherwise I sleep in my car!!!! :rofl

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joey,

Where's the sign up sheet. Did I miss it??

Chip

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Chip , dbk will be back monday from florida, he will then post the form on the front of the forum . stuM dbk says he s got contacts besides ritz security , when i go out there to meet him we will inform you , im in and do not mind if we have to pay for extra or more qualified eyes. enjoy the cold :thumbsup guys, gtjoey 1314

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
You better take about 100 videos and a thousand pictures :) :thumbsup

have fun guys!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
any california, neveda guys besides awsumgt-whitebluegt ready to commit
and help fill a six car trailer??? :bored

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Whose coming?

I'm in! Where's the sign-up sheet? I don't want to miss it. NJGT

Last edited:

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
I'd like to see a sign up sheet also. It sounds like a great time! :cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
dbk, will be posting it this week. thanks gtjoey :thumbsup

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Subn

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Ford has security running all over the place around there. World Headquarters is accross the street.

Can't wait! :thumbsup

Nice work DBK. SD filled me in on all you've been doing for this, Ford sounds pumped about it.
:cheers :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Joey,
You get my fax? Good to go?