floor mats

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am looking for some, suppose I will have to have some made up. I can deal with no glove box, cup holders :biggrin , but have an issue trying to keep the floors clean. Any ideas, I am open.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I agree. I think some nice black mats with a red "Ford GT" logo would be an improvement.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
I am looking for some, suppose I will have to have some made up. I can deal with no glove box, cup holders :biggrin , but have an issue trying to keep the floors clean. Any ideas, I am open.
'

Boy, I feel like I am reading my posts from last April. I had the same question when I first got my car.

Unfortunately there are no carpet floor mats available for the car that I have been able to find. The shape of the factory rubber mats make it particularly tough to cover with carpet. I was worried about scuffing up the exposed painted aluminum on both sides of the factory rubber mats. Ultimately I put on some 3M clear tape (the kind used to protect your door sills from scuffs) on the exposed areas. This has protected the paint, but I would still prefer a carpeted option.

It was suggested to bring the car in to a custom auto upholstery shop and have some custom shaped carpet mats made up, but I have not gotten around to that.

For a while I drove with a black terry towel on the floor to help with dirt, but I eventually took it out. All I can say if you get used to it…

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you guys would really like a custom tailored floor mat, I have a friend that does excellent custom interiors who left the OEM auto supply biz to open his own shop. They do automotive and marine work, mainly color matched to the exterior with Connolly leather. Or at least whoever replaced connolly when they bit the dust.

I'm sure I could get him to work something with a carpet/piping/logo mat based on the template of a stocker. If you're interested, let me know and I'll swing by with the factory mat to his shop.

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
I'm certainly very interested in quality floor mats. And since all the GT interiors are black, one size will fit all :)
I'm sure many of us will order a set or 2.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I'm up for it. You could probably use some thick padding on the bottom to get the mats to lay flush over the uneven stock rubber mats.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
PHXGT said:
I'm up for it. You could probably use some thick padding on the bottom to get the mats to lay flush over the uneven stock rubber mats.

Yeah, you'd need extra padding for a flush fit. I'm, interested in a set of carpet floormats. I'd want them really simple. Black w black piping around the edges, nothing flashy to draw attention or detract from the rest of the interior.

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
I agree with Chris. Black is the way to go. An embossed "Ford GT" logo on the side would be nice, but certainly not necessary.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am in for some plain black ones. Sounds great. Thanks :biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I would agree. I would like ford GT on the side maybe in silver or red on black carpet

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm hoping to get this done early next week. I'll probably have one set made, send it to a forum member for independant quality inspection and to have a forum-approved assessment, make any adjustments, then see how many guys want them and what the shop will charge for X number of sets...

Consensus is black/black, with maybe a small stitching of the logo.

P.S, what do you guys feel is an acceptable price for mats? I looked at what embroidered mats for the SRT-10 cost, and found from $159 to $299. Maybe it's just me, but 299 is ridiculous for anything you'll be putting your feet on, not in...

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
If there's no special stitching, $300 is incredibly expensive. Even with stitching, it had better be 14k white gold or platinum stitching ;)

That said, I'll take a set as long as the price is reasonable! Thanks for looking into this, DBK.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Floormats, let's order!

I think we all need this. let's get a bulk order out then. I need one set, would also think black with black piping would fit us all. Ford GT in silver on the outside part close to the seat would look classy. or a double silver stripe with Ford GT sitting in it, like on the forum site, what you think, guys ?
Who takes the initiative ? DBK, any idea what the bill will run up to ?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm going to run a stock set of mats out as a template to a custom auto trim place next week. I'll see how long it'll take to get ~10 sets done and what it'll cost. I'm thinking the total should be in the neighborhood of $1500 since there won't be elaborate logos or anything. Ford GT lettering should be reasonable at that price.

SLF360 said:
Who takes the initiative ? DBK, any idea what the bill will run up to ?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Greetings,
GREAT, I am in, keep us posted. Appreciate you stepping forward.
Bony :thumbsup

Cool Runnin'

GT Owner
Oct 6, 2005
Miami Beach
I would like to get a set. Please keep us posted.

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
mats

I'm in for a set also. I'm picking up my car tomorrow.I can't wait............
Guy

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
DBK said:
I'm going to run a stock set of mats out as a template to a custom auto trim place next week. I'll see how long it'll take to get ~10 sets done and what it'll cost. I'm thinking the total should be in the neighborhood of $1500 since there won't be elaborate logos or anything. Ford GT lettering should be reasonable at that price.

Keep us posted am interested.

Dave

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
mats

me too! thanks for your efforts. KO

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
I just ordered my GT today and I am disappointed to hear carpeted floor mats are not included standard. Seems odd. Even though I am not expecting delivery until sometime between January and March, I would be interested in a pair as well.