breakdown on Color of Wrecked GT's

Daltondavid

GT Owner
Jun 22, 2007
Garnet Valley, Pa.
Who is keeping track of the wrecked cars? can we get a breakdown from Highest amount to lowest concerning What is the MOST wrecked Color to the least wrecked Color GT's?:confused

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
What is the MOST wrecked Color to the least wrecked Color GT's?:confused

What's the motivation?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
What's the motivation?

I dunno the answer but I would be curious to see a compiled list.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
I think CobraJeff has the most complete list of wrecked GTs...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Do you own a GT? Why do you care?

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
To me its sad every time I see one of these gals die. Sad. :frown

I think its due to guys not realizing the awesome potential of these cars and not being able to handle them.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Do you own a GT? Why do you care?

He is looking to buy one.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Who is keeping track of the wrecked cars? can we get a breakdown from Highest amount to lowest concerning What is the MOST wrecked Color to the least wrecked Color GT's?:confused

Well, a HERITAGE is the least wrecked color of course. Everyone knows their owners clearly have better judgement in the first place, so therefore they are better drivers.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well, a HERITAGE is the least wrecked color of course. Everyone knows their owners clearly have better judgement in the first place, so therefore they are better drivers.

Thank You David.

Someone had to say it. :slap

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB

Geez and I thought it was because of the bright colours. Hard to run into a safety cone with blue trim :biggrin :lol

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Pockets car is the only one that is guaranteed not to be wrecked.... well unless someone crashes into his garage. :lol

my bet would be on red ... since its the most populace color.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Pockets car is the only one that is guaranteed not to be wrecked.... well unless someone crashes into his garage. :lol

No, no, no, I just can't let lies like this populate the web. I heard he has installed some really trick permanent barriers in front of his garage doors like these. There is no possible way anyone could damage his car now. Let's stick to the facts here, his car is completely safe! :biggrin

Attachments

• ist2_603000_anti_vehicle_barrier_posts.jpg
    ist2_603000_anti_vehicle_barrier_posts.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 326

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal

:confused, what ? just becasue you have better judgement does not make you a better driver, my grandma have better judgement than me, and she can't even drive a manual :lol

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
:confused, what ? just becasue you have better judgement does not make you a better driver, my grandma have better judgement than me, and she can't even drive a manual :lol

it runs in the family then.

sorry just could not resist. :wink

Daltondavid

GT Owner
Jun 22, 2007
Garnet Valley, Pa.
Motivation

What's the motivation?
I am curious as to why all the Black cars are getting wrecked. Today I got my first chance to sit in one and got a ride from SOMELEE in most awesome of all FORD GT! He is a Great guy and really has a stunning car by all standards. as we parted company I left ahead of him and was at a Gas station as he went by. as He went into the distance my eyes followed and I noticed that People probably do not see this car. it is all Black and below the window height of their cars.-Dave

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I am curious as to why all the Black cars are getting wrecked. Today I got my first chance to sit in one and got a ride from SOMELEE in most awesome of all FORD GT! He is a Great guy and really has a stunning car by all standards. as we parted company I left ahead of him and was at a Gas station as he went by. as He went into the distance my eyes followed and I noticed that People probably do not see this car. it is all Black and below the window height of their cars.-Dave

Well, we don't know that "all" the black cars are being wrecked, just because a couple black cars are posted as wrecked on the forum.

And if it's a single car accident, remember that it probably has little to do with visibility.

I have experience as a former traffic safety professional, so there are many factors that can contribute to the causal chain in an accident/incident.

For example, on a clear bright day, there is that case of a black GT that was crashed with something like 9 miles total on the odometer. I don't think that is a visibility issue.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A British Medical Journal Report, recently found the following (for discussion purposes only, not independently verified):

New research found the risk of injury in a white car was not much different than driving in yellow, grey, blue and even a red car. And brown was found to be involved in a higher percentage than any other color.

Driving behavior has been shown to be a considerably more influential factor than car color, on likelihood of an accident.

I agree though, we probably all have some inherent human curiousity as to how the production numbers match up with the remaining numbers, and which cars are crash free.

My initial reaction was that this topic should be avoided, out of respect for those that have been unfortunate to have experienced an accident/incident. However, if we can establish a definite explainable pattern, perhaps everyone will be better off in the future. With a limited sample size such as what we have (i.e. small total production, even smaller numbers actually driven) it could be difficult to extrapolate meaningful patterns that are not coincidental).

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets car is the only one that is guaranteed not to be wrecked.... well unless someone crashes into his garage.

No, no, no, I just can't let lies like this populate the web. I heard he has installed some really trick permanent barriers in front of his garage doors like these. There is no possible way anyone could damage his car now. Let's stick to the facts here, his car is completely safe! :biggrin

Hmmmm. 'Wonder how I missed THESE affronts yesterday.

May the sewers of Bombay backup into your breakfasts, may your 1/2 shaft bolts be exempted from warranty coverage, may you always find 3rd gear when looking for 1st, and may your GT's speed limiters be forever stuck at 65 MPH. :slap :slap

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Well, a HERITAGE is the least wrecked color of course.

Well, in reality, maybe true. Aside from the one at the dealership in Florida, don't remember a Heritage biting the dust.

But I guess that is true of other, less common colors. Seems there has been white, black, an red trashed (the more common colors, but also don't recall any yellow or silver running into problems.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Geez and I thought it was because of the bright colours. Hard to run into a safety cone with blue trim :biggrin :lol

I see what you mean:rofl:lol:biggrin

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 232