Anyone know anything about this silver '05?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I'm currently looking at this vehicle:

VIN 1FAFP90S95Y401119

It's a silver 3 option car with no top stripe, about 1200 miles on it, apparently from Florida.

Any and all info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

Sanjay

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
It is the rarest color of all and rarer still w/o stripes. Quicksilver is understated, muscular and absolutely stunning in person. My girl says it looks like nailpolish that's about a foot deep. Awesome color!

dikran

GT Owner
Aug 11, 2006
Birmingham, MI
What's s/she asking? 1200 miles low for '05. My '05 has 3100 miles. I never liked the silver with a stripe. The no stripe silver is a great color.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Go for it! Very rare. I hardly ever see them, and they look great! Don't hesitate.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I agree wholeheartedly with Joe's comments. Quick Silver is a stunning color. It looks much better in the flesh then it does in pictures. Then I'm probably a happily biased Quick Silver owner.

Best Regards,
Waldo

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
What's s/she asking? 1200 miles low for '05. My '05 has 3100 miles. I never liked the silver with a stripe. The no stripe silver is a great color.

Asking price in the mid 170s....I'm shooting for a bit less. ;-)

#1119 should be after the speedy sleeve cars, correct? Should it have the billet A-arm update?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
It was on ebay and I believe a dealer in Houston owns it now.

Hope this can be of some help.

Last edited:

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Much appreciated. Wonder how I missed seeing that one on ebay?

Thanks again.:cheers

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Also, I assume you are dealing with Lambo Houston. They are a good dealer to deal with. I know them and would reccommend them. One of the better dealers in the houston area.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Thanks guys. Not sure I want a car that's been part of a "drivers club." The last GT I drove was part of the World Class Driving fleet, and it had been beat on pretty bad. :frown

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I would say inspect it and see. Just because they owned it does not mean it was beat on. Possible it was never leased, but I dont know. I would just inspect it myself and give it a good look over. One way to really tell how these cars have been driven is to look at the rear tires. If it was beat on, the rear tires at 1300 miles would already be showing wear. Its a rare car and rare color, I would give it a chance before I turned it away.

P.S. The last guy sold it too cheap. No wonder it sold, to a dealer at that, very early in the auction.

Last edited:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Asking price in the mid 170s....I'm shooting for a bit less. ;-)

#1119 should be after the speedy sleeve cars, correct? Should it have the billet A-arm update?

I know the #'s aren't the exact order they were made, but after several conversations about the recalls & early #'d cars, I believe 1119 would be far enough along to be past all the recalls (and should have the updated arms). If you're still interested in buying this car from the new dealer, it might be worth asking about. Good luck!! :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks guys. Not sure I want a car that's been part of a "drivers club." The last GT I drove was part of the World Class Driving fleet, and it had been beat on pretty bad. :frown

I attended the World class driving event and we beat on all of the cars !! That was my first GT drive in early 06.. Look at me now !!!:banana

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I attended the World class driving event and we beat on all of the cars !! That was my first GT drive in early 06.. Look at me now !!!:banana

Congrats on your acquisition....but you can understand my concern. I actually saw their red GT get backed up over a curb! Guess I better examine it very thoroughly, as shelbyelite said.

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
My car is 05 #1110, silver with stripes. It was NOT one of the recall cars. My favorite color, of course.:biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Looks beautiful....

Almost irresistible in fact.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
This car has a clean car fax report. Registered in NJ 10/24/05. Registered in Ft Lauderdale 12/18/06.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This car has a clean car fax report. Registered in NJ 10/24/05. Registered in Ft Lauderdale 12/18/06.

May I suggest that a clean 'car fax' (as many here have pointed out in the past) could mean there were just no repairs done where the VIN # was entered on the paperwork.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Well, Lamborghini Houston is looking into it, but it looks like Collexium went out of business, and the car was only owned by them for a few months, and may not have been used in their fleet. They will get me in touch with the previous owners.

Furthermore, they had it on a lift, and it is spotless.

I haven't driven it yet, but if it feels right...I'm gonna go for it!

Can't wait to finally be upgraded from "spectator" status with my no-stripe GT.