ATC Trailers

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Do any of you have any experience with/ comments about this trailer maker?

Thinking of getting a 20ft wedge-- and these guys are in the running. There are not too many ATCs down here in S.Fl to take a look at, and therefore was only able to look at a different model from what I need. The local dealer seems very helpful and is willing to take the time to make it fit as I expect it to. However, before I visit the lovely state of Indiana for pick-up in a few months, I would value your opinions.

Gracias,
From the Cubano

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
B4U pull the trigger, 1418, check out the, "New trailer for hauling the GT", thread posted by FlorIdaho Chris.

His Trailex trailer is about as perfect for hauling GT's as you'll ever see.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Yes- thanks. The Trailex is another of the contenders. I have seen Chris' trailer. It is sweet indeed.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Manny, did you see Stormcats? Also very nice. DBK also bought a Trailex. Where in Indiana is ATC?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Nappannee.
Right around the corner from me.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nappannee.
Right around the corner from me.

Manny come check out my trailer it may be an option for you? Is your garage finished yet ? Have you moved above the Sea Monkeys in the pecking order?......:biggrin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Brian
The monkeys are still one level above me!

The storage areas are pretty close to being done. There were some(many) issues with the length, so in our great city these are not called garages but, rather storage additions. Should be ready for the gt within a week or two.
I am even thinking of putting some video/stereo stuff in there. That way I can coax my 3 little devils to share some quality time with me. They sure do grow up quick- so I am certainly going to enjoy them before they think daddy is uncool.

One of the reasons that I am leaning toward a hard wall trailer is that it will be stored outdoors, in a rather dusty farm area. While I could store the "ribs" and lining in the warehouse, I have noticed that there is a very good chance that these things will grow legs. Or, that in a pinch it will be used for some type of immediately needed farm apparatus.

We have to get together soon-
Manny

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Manny-
As you travel to Nappannee, you will stop by....
Or spend the night!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Bill- Thanks

If I go with the ATC, I will definetely see you.

Can you believe the shipping cost are -- 2.8 smackers. :ack

Manny

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Come on up, I got a produce supplier I want you to meet....
Bring the youngins as well.
Ah geez, EP is getting to me as well...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

... An' yur a more gooder pursun FER it too, ain'tcha. :cool :lol

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bill- Thanks

If I go with the ATC, I will definetely see you.

Can you believe the shipping cost are -- 2.8 smackers. :ack

Manny

Well Manny, you can still take advantage of IndyGT's fine hospitality even if you go with a Trailex (I know I did). Greenwood is on the way to the Trailex factory as well. :thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rally to Trailex

Well Manny, you can still take advantage of IndyGT's fine hospitality even if you go with a Trailex (I know I did). Greenwood is on the way to the Trailex factory as well. :thumbsup

If you like Rolex wrist watches, CF Martin & Co. acoustic guitars, and James Purdy and Sons shotguns, you will like the Trailex enclosed car trailer. Each one custom built to your specifications, it is the smallest, lightest, and therefore easiest to pull transport for the Ford GT. Because of its light weight, aerodynamics, and small frontal area it can be pulled with vehicles that may be too light to pull bigger heavier trailers. The downside of course, is a price more than triple the cost of some other enclosed trailers. And if you live out here in the West they're not exactly conveniently located. Just the same, after examining a Trailex, you're going to have to have one. So right after the California rally, with a little help from Chris, I picked up the phone and ordered. The delivery charge of $3000 to Arizona seemed a little steep so I am going to drive out there in the dead of winter in mid-November and pick it up. Perhaps I'll buy a cocktail or two for some of my fellow GT Forum members along the way. :cheers I'm not sure if I really even need a trailer. Perhaps this is just an excuse to go on a road trip after Charley's football season ends. :biggrin

Chip

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian
The monkeys are still one level above me!

The storage areas are pretty close to being done. There were some(many) issues with the length, so in our great city these are not called garages but, rather storage additions. Should be ready for the gt within a week or two.
I am even thinking of putting some video/stereo stuff in there. That way I can coax my 3 little devils to share some quality time with me. They sure do grow up quick- so I am certainly going to enjoy them before they think daddy is uncool.

One of the reasons that I am leaning toward a hard wall trailer is that it will be stored outdoors, in a rather dusty farm area. While I could store the "ribs" and lining in the warehouse, I have noticed that there is a very good chance that these things will grow legs. Or, that in a pinch it will be used for some type of immediately needed farm apparatus.

We have to get together soon-
Manny

Hey Manny,
We missed you at the rally! I understand about the hard side trailer but if you want to see the soft side job theirs one near by. I would be great to see you. Maybe you can have a " Storage Addition " open house !!! Stay in touch, Brian

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
1418 I live in the Delray Beach area and have a 30' Stacker from ATC if you need to check it out. Just give me a call 561-324-0536 It's a great trailer

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
1418 I live in the Delray Beach area and have a 30' Stacker from ATC if you need to check it out. Just give me a call 561-324-0536 It's a great trailer

Bill-

We're neighbors! Are you a GT owner?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Bill- thanks, I may take you up on your offer.

Chris- are you down here?

Mind if I call you Fri.?

Have some questions for you.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bill- thanks, I may take you up on your offer.

Chris- are you down here?

Mind if I call you Fri.?

Have some questions for you.

I'm here just today and tomorrow then back to God's country. Give me a call anytime Friday.

Bill M

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2007
Yes a Heritage

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Come on up, I got a produce supplier I want you to meet....
Bring the youngins as well.

No one will hold it against you!

After all we know you drive your car-- have pictures to prove it too.:lol:lol:lol