GT's going North

Michael P

Aug 31, 2007
Barrie Ontario
Anybody know of or hear of GT's being sold and shipped into Canada?
We have em here, but they're more rare.
I'd found a web site saying that they weren't allowed, but didn't list a reason.
Was hoping someone had an insite on this, I'm not sure what would be different about a U.S. GT and a Canadian one.

Mike

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I don't know all the different specs but I met one of the canadian owners at the rally this month and was able to see his car... The bumpers were different.... a lot of the stickers on the car were in french and the whole KM MPH thing tooo... I'm sure there's more but I'm not the sharpest toool in the shed at times ....you know there ehh!!!

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
Here's the poop!

To my knowledge there were 200 Gt's sent to Canada. Transport Canada was reluctant to allow them into the country to start with and then later allowed them at these limited numbers. No other GT's will be allowed in Canada. The door is shut. If you go to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles website they are listed as prohibited for entry.

The one's that are in Canada all have lightweight wheels, Mac delete, and some French stuff put on stickers around the car. The speedometer is still in MPH as is the trip. There is a two inch (ugly) bumper extension in the back which reasily falls off with the turn of eight bolts.

That's pretty much it! I love mine.........Rob

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes the spedo is in MPH, but it is a different cluster entirely. The difference is the ID of the guages. For example, the US the gas guage says "fuel" but the CA version has a graphic of a gas pump (same for oil, volt etc). When we were @ Saleen at Rally #1 there was a rack of CA clusters staged for production. The LAST cars made were the last 100 for CA.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
When I ordered mine I had the choice of standard or lightweight wheels.
The total imported is 277.
All 2006 model year.
The gauge cluster does have symbols instead of text which allowed Ford to get around the bi-lingual laws - same cluster for Europe.
Extra foam in the nose and like Rob mentioned a bumper extension on the rear.
Daytime runnng lights.
A few french decals.
All mac delete cars. This was the weight saving to compensate for the bumper extension(8 lbs).

:cheers
Trent

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
Hey Trent, Long time no see~! Hope your summer is going well. I was told only 200 in the country but........ it would not be the first time I was told something incorrect. Not sure that your dealer would have been able to come through on the standard wheels for you. I haven't seen any other GT's with them.

I'm off to Scotland next week so we will ahv eto catch up next summer.

Rob

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Hey Trent, Long time no see~! Hope your summer is going well. I was told only 200 in the country but........ it would not be the first time I was told something incorrect. Not sure that your dealer would have been able to come through on the standard wheels for you. I haven't seen any other GT's with them.

I'm off to Scotland next week so we will ahv eto catch up next summer.

Rob

I have a couple off documents that show 277 is the official #
I still have the order forms from Ford Canada which shows both wheels being available but who knows. Maybe Quickdraw can check his chrystal ball and clear it up.

Have a great and safe trip laddy - ya lucky bugger- and if you need anyone to excersize - ah hem - I mean store the Heritage, let me know.:biggrin

:cheers
Trent