Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
download here

Last edited:

Birdman93

GT Ordered
Dec 17, 2005
Iowa
You realize that by placing that link you leave the forum open to the class action suit filed by McQueen's estate? Copyright theft or infringement is no laughing matter-$250,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison per count

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Next time you are watching that, look at the part where Steve misses the turn while chasing the Charger, and has to back up. The Mustangs' wheel hop is outrageous!

About the editing- There is a nice overlap, when the windshield perspective is toggled between the two cars- First, you see the windshield view of the Charger, passing the VW Beetle, then, you see the windshield view of the Mustang, but not strictly in sequence, the time is suspended and "reversed" a bit, so that you see the view of the VW pass from both the Charger and Mustang's views. Although that is not chronological, it does serve the effect of "stitching" the windshield views of the two cars together, affording an increased degree of intensity and believability. This effect is repeated as the Charger darts around downhill turns. For this reason, and many others, that has gotta be either the best, or at least one of the best, car chase scenes ever filmed.

Compare that to the crappy editing of some chases, where the lead car gets the front end damaged by hitting something in one segment, then in the next segement, here comes the lead car around the corner, with the damage from the previous clip somehow miraculously cured! Or a hubcap rolls off, but then its back on again in the next view. The Bullit editors went to great lengths to make the sequence totally believable.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Birdman93 said:
You realize that by placing that link you leave the forum open to the class action suit filed by McQueen's estate? Copyright theft or infringement is no laughing matter-$250,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison per count

you realize the chances of a person who would even care about this finding this is about 1 in a mil. Also that those companies have alot bigger fish to fry.

Last edited:

Birdman93

GT Ordered
Dec 17, 2005
Iowa
I'm speaking from experience-you may want to reconsider that posting-since the studios and attorneys actually do give a darn where copyright violations are concerned-it's why I don't post copyright material on my own website without requesting permission-sooner or later it will bite you in the butt, and cost you this website, and a lot more.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Birdman,

your posts have achieved two things: First, that I got really, really interested to go and download and watch it, and second that FordGTguy got so scared, he made it unavailable 'while performing site maintenance'...!

Pity.... :rofl

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
SLF360 said:
Birdman,

your posts have achieved two things: First, that I got really, really interested to go and download and watch it, and second that FordGTguy got so scared, he made it unavailable 'while performing site maintenance'...!

Pity.... :rofl

I wasn't scared at all and I didn't mess with the download.

Filefront.com is a free upload site and you can easily just upload a whole backup for your computer or your itunes music or even pictures. Fast uploads and fast downloads.