The Vs. Thread

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
lets least the cars that would give a Ford GT a good match and have a nice comparison of them.

So we will treat the Ford GT on the latest Specs

hp = 550
tq = 500
0-60 = 3.3s
0-100 = 7.4s
1/4 mile = 11.2s
Top Speed = 212mph
60-0 = 110ft
L. G's = .99
wieght = 3485lbs

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Round 1 - Carrera GT

2004%20Porsche%20Carrera%20GT.jpg

Ford GT
Carrera GT
hp = 550
hp = 605​
tq = 500
tq = 435​
0-60 = 3.3s
0-60 = 3.6s​
0-100 = 7.4s
0-100 = 7.3s​
1/4 mile = 11.2s
1/4 mile = 11.1s​
Top Speed = 212mph
Top Speed = 205mph​
60-0 = 110ft
60-0 = 101ft​
L. G's = .99
L. G's = .99​
wieght = 3485lbs
wieght = 3042lbs​

If any of my specs a wrong please pm me ASAP

This will be a very good comparison if everyone stays on a mature level but most of you are from SVTperformance and don't need told this, please have fun and give a Porsche a chance.

Last edited:

Svt03Cobra

GT Owner
Aug 14, 2005
? TN
That would be an interesting race.!.!.!.!.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Svt03Cobra said:
That would be an interesting race.!.!.!.!.

yeah it would but its seems this thread is well dead from the get go.

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
the one M/T article including the Enzo had the FGT and CGT were less then 1mph difference on the high speed oval in az proving grounds. very close in deed.

Svt03Cobra

GT Owner
Aug 14, 2005
? TN
I wish there were more videos of enzo's, FGT, CGT, etc. I would love to see some races between them.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
A guy at an office up the street from me has a dark silver Carrera GT. That's one bad car. Any time it's sunny out he parks it right in the first spot. Given where he parks and the fact that it costs about a half million dollars, I'd say it's logical to assume he owns the company. :lol The plate says something along the lines of 'xclence'.

The Carrera GT is pretty much number 1 on my list of insane street cars. The howl of that V10 is just unholy. Truly like nothing else. Even an Enzo, while ultimately faster, just isn't as wild. The F1 probably rivals it, but something about the Porsche just seems a little bonkers, like it's a guy that's just not right in the head. It's the Ron Artest of exotics.

I gotta say, speed edge = Carrera GT, probably by a decent margin until the very upper 1xx's...

Svt03Cobra

GT Owner
Aug 14, 2005
? TN
Carrera GT > Enzo.....

DBK said:
A guy at an office up the street from me has a dark silver Carrera GT. That's one bad car. Any time it's sunny out he parks it right in the first spot. Given where he parks and the fact that it costs about a half million dollars, I'd say it's logical to assume he owns the company. :lol The plate says something along the lines of 'xclence'.

The Carrera GT is pretty much number 1 on my list of insane street cars. The howl of that V10 is just unholy. Truly like nothing else. Even an Enzo, while ultimately faster, just isn't as wild. The F1 probably rivals it, but something about the Porsche just seems a little bonkers, like it's a guy that's just not right in the head. It's the Ron Artest of exotics.

I gotta say, speed edge = Carrera GT, probably by a decent margin until the very upper 1xx's...

The Enzo is cool and all but I like the Carrera GT better. The reason I hate the Enzo is because of the shifting perference. Why didn't they offer both manuel and paddle shift? The paddle shift is cool when just cruising and stuff but for hard core racing I think I would rather have the 6-speed manuels! :rofl

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm not a big paddle shift proponent. The DB9 in my sig has a magnetti marelli sourced box very similar to the Ferrari. Putting it through the paces on some choice back roads, it was just a tick too slow. The full auto mode seems to be the better choice for hard driving. Obviously, I'm sure the Enzo version is much better, but it's just not as fun as a traditional manual. It does make really cool sounds though when you downshift, because it does a computerized heel-toe that unleashes a very satisfying growl...

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Good Posts Guys.
I bought, and quickly sold, an '03 Ferrari Modena F1. I learned, after I had driven it 700 miles, why it only had 1000 miles on it in two years........
The Paddle Shift was miserable and no fun. Auto mode was even worse.
The GT is fun to shift.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I don't care for the paddle shift either. I understand they will no longer be allowed in F1. Interesting that they will be an option in the new Vettes. Just saw a review on the paddle shifter on the DB9 on a British TV show (forget the name:( ) and they were very unhappy with the entire gear shifting system. I am happy to row through the gears :tongue

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
True manual shifting is fun, and I love it on the GT since after all, it's the last great car without all the newfangled tech assist stuff.
But when I drive my wife's BMW M3 with paddles on the track it's truly awesome (except for downshifting being a tad too slow). I guarantee you that paddles will make you faster on the track, even though it's not as "fun" and you don't get the same raw driving feeling.
The M3's SMG gearbox is known to be excellent, and I vouch for that.

Regarding the Enzo, I thought it was an insane car, but now that I have my GT, I MUCH prefer the GT. Reasons:
- Enzo power curve is not as smooth
- Enzo gets super hot and loud inside. In fact, you don't want to push the Enzo because it'll kill your eardrums (nice Ferrari whine though)
- The inside of the Enzo is nowhere near as spacious or pretty as the GT
- Ultimately it's a matter of taste, but I think that the GT has a much more original look than the Enzo
- Enzo clearance is a disaster. Good thing it's got the button to raise it when driving less than 20mph, but that doesn't help when you get a bump in the road.
- And finally, you feel that there's too much electronics in it. The GT feels raw, coupled with all the frame metal showing.

Last edited:

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Is 212 the official top speed? I thought 205 was official, but remember hearing something about 211 or 212. Where did the 212 number come from?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
PHXGT said:
Is 212 the official top speed? I thought 205 was official, but remember hearing something about 211 or 212. Where did the 212 number come from?

Went 212 at Nardo. 205 is the official top speed.

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Not only that, but it seems that the production GT is electronically limited to 205. Bummer. ;-)

Here's a url:
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=81689

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
DBK said:
Went 212 at Nardo. 205 is the official top speed.

Correct from what I have been told. The car has a governor limiting speed to 205 mph because of tires. The car used for the Nardo run is supposedly stock but ran with different tires and resides at the SVT facility in Detroit.

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Paddle box vs Gt Ricardo box

I agree with Bill, the 360 paddle shift is a joke! (Actually, the paddle shift on the Maserati Quattroporte is a tragedy, how could the mess this up soo bad is a mistery) You need to have the regular stick on a regular Ferrari, as you drive it prevalently on the road anyhow, (and btw: cleanly & fast shifted the open box makes a pling like a Dupont lighter, very neat), but once you use the shift of the 360 Stradale in ´Race´ mode, boy that´s an entirely different story ! Agreed also that the downshift heel to toe effect of the paddle is awesome. :thumbsup
To prefer a manual shift in a race situation or on track is bollocks. There is no alternative to quick response paddles, trust me on that one... :bs

One thing to reconfirm, I think the GT has the most beautifully positioned and running manual shift. Ricardo boys, great work ! A true piece of art. :cheers