windshield wiper removal

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
Removed the wiper arms ----- wow what a difference, the view is awesome.

If you hate looking at the mounting posts (they measure 1" in diameter 1/2" deep), Ace Hardware sells a black plastic cap that's perfect to cover the post. They fit as if they were factory installed.

The Ace part # is 56924. Black plastic caps (4 per pack) 1" diameter

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: digman1 and Shawn

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Phil, cruise in Lake Geneva next weekend

Hey Phil,

We're going to Popeyes in Lake Geneva next weekend about 15 cars or so, can you make it?

Tony

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
Hey Phil,

We're going to Popeyes in Lake Geneva next weekend about 15 cars or so, can you make it?

Tony

Tony, I'm ok if it's Sunday the 5th and no rain since i have the wipers off :)

Last edited:

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Removed the wiper arms ----- wow what a difference, the view is awesome.

If you hate looking at the mounting posts (they measure 1" in diameter 1/2" deep), Ace Hardware sells a black plastic cap that's perfect to cover the post. They fit as if they were factory installed.

The Ace part # is 56924. Black plastic caps (4 per pack) 1" diameter

Hope this helps
14 years later your post is still relevant! Thanks for the idea. Part number still exists at Ace Hardware for $2.49/4pack. Works perfect.

Reactions: digman1

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
14 years later your post is still relevant! Thanks for the idea. Part number still exists at Ace Hardware for $2.49/4pack. Works perfect.

Still the cheapest and best mod for the buck. Learned back then that a Sprite plastic bottle top worked as well, and was blue, like my GT. I did buy the low profile wipers and installed them, but they still cut off some of the view out the front.

tgilbert

GT Owner
Feb 25, 2012
Tampa
Contact Dan Schoneck, B.M.F. on the forum. I had my wipers removed and he has fiberglass covers that fill the empty defect where the wipers protrude. Paint them to match and then use Aquapel glass treatment. I get a full unobstructed view and don't miss a beat in the rain. However it's funny how I still have the reflex to turn on the wipers even when I don't need them. lol

Reactions: F Pilot