42 minutes
81 points
28-46 field goals
7-13 from three
6 boards
3 steals
2 assists
1 block

You will never see that again. Never. I don't care what you think of him as a person, he is undoubtedly one of the greatest talents in the history of athletics in this nation. Just wow.... :eek

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
He's got a little game, doesn't he? 81 pts. against other professional athletes is amazing, even if Toronto is one of the weaker Eastern Conference teams. I was totally plugged into football yesterday but will catch ESPN this evening for Kobe's story. My father lives in Hershey, PA., a great little town, especially for those who are into antique autos. There is a plaque and some photos over at the old Hershey Arena where Wilt dropped his 100 pts. in 1962 and just seeing that stuff is fun.

DBK, the Detroit area is living large in some ways these days, huh? The Pistons are rolling, I was in town for baseball's All-Star game this past summer (great stadium!), and your city has the Super Bowl. Great for Detroit, now if only if our auto manufacturers can right their ships. You're probably already plugged into today's announcements at Ford and we've seen some press previews, but I'm sure lots of us will be watching/listening for Ford's plan.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nobody is ever gonna beat Wilt's single game record, and I think it's going to be years before anyone even comes close to 80 again. The game is played so much different now and the athletes are so superior (at least physically) that it's nearly impossible to put up these kind of numbers.

It is indeed high times in the motor city. I've had Pistons season tickets for a number of years, and it's paid off major the last 4 years. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd start 33-5. Crazy. Everyone loves Comerica Park for the views, though not what actually happens inside most of the time :lol And of course Ford Field is IMO the best stadium in all of sports. Oh the irony of housing the most incompetent organization in all of sports. :lol (is there a theme here? hmm..)

I'm going to the Super Bowl, and it should be absolute mania. I went to a pre-season game against the Steelers last year, and it was already a sea of yellow and black. I can only imagine how many Pittsburgh people will fill the city. I think regardless of the decrepit surroundings, people are just going to love the atmosphere in Ford Field. It's such a great facility...