Seat adjustments???

c_steve

Jan 21, 2006
As posted in my "will I be comfortable @ 5'8"" thread.....Although I have sat in showroom car I didn't move or determin how adjustable the seat i.....Would appreciate if someone would advise what seat adjustments are avalable....frnt and back I know but, is seatback angle adjustable??? Is seatbottom rear able to tilted up???? Steve

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Steve

When is tha last time you owned a car with bucket seats where the rake (seat back angle) was not adjustable? The GT is no different.

The seat bottom is not adjustable to angle and/or height.

c_steve

Jan 21, 2006
Barondw.......not to be a wise guy but, my Superformance Cobra replica has buckets (as per original) that do not have seatback rake adjust....nor did the original GT40's or replica GT40's for tha matter.....I really didn't notice when I was @ the dealer ..... Steve

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i sat in a GT today. wanted to see if i fit and how adjustable the seat, steering wheel and peddles were. i am 6-1 tall and weigh 205 lbs. the seat can be adjusted back and forth, IE: front to rear. the upright back portion of the seat can be adjusted for angle. bottom line the seat adjustments are identical to my 2001 viper. the steering wheel can be moved forward and back and up and down. forgot to check if the pedals were adjustable or not. bottom line was that for a driver of my size i fit. the closest tolerance for me was the roof height. i only had 1 inch of head room to the roof with the seat and steering wheel adjusted in my favor, IE: the seat moved forward lateraly and the seat back leaned all the way back.

so my questions are this, can the pedals be adjusted forward and back like my viper?

last but not least if i buy this car i would like to do open road racing events like the silver state classic in nevada and 1 mile top speed shootouts like the one done on the airport runway in goliad, texas.

in order to do this you have to wear a helmet. with a helmet on my head the helmet would hit the roof. if i could lower the seat 1" it would clear. can the seat be lowered like the seat in a viper can?? they make seat lowering kits for gen 2 vipers that lower the seats 1". the seat lowering kits for gen 3 vipers lower the seat 2".

so with that said i see that there are provisions built into the car to retrofit a 5 point racing harness; but the BIG question is can a 4 point roll bar be installed in this car??

4ord GT

GT Owner
Oct 22, 2005
No. Va.
The steering wheel adjusts in and out? I did not know that. What releases it? Thanks for the info. in advance

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Running Man said:
The steering wheel adjusts in and out? I did not know that. What releases it? Thanks for the info. in advance

the same lever that you use to raise and lower it. this lever is located behind the steering wheel below the steering column. you just pull the lever down and adjust the steering wheel then lock it back in place.

do you own a GT?

if so, can you tell me if you can adjust the peddles like you can on new ford trucks??

4ord GT

GT Owner
Oct 22, 2005
No. Va.
Fast Freddy said:
the same lever that you use to raise and lower it. this lever is located behind the steering wheel below the steering column. you just pull the lever down and adjust the steering wheel then lock it back in place.

do you own a GT?

if so, can you tell me if you can adjust the peddles like you can on new ford trucks??
The hell if I know, I didn't even know I could adjust the Steering wheel in and out. Send a PM to BaronDW. he knows everything.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
as i recall the pedals attach to the floor unlike a viper or vette which attaches from above. is this correct? that bein the case i would assume the pedals are not adjustable??

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
4ord GT said:
The hell if I know, I didn't even know I could adjust the Steering wheel in and out. Send a PM to BaronDW. he knows everything.

Thanks but not quite. The steering wheel is adjustable but the pedals are not. This is not a Ford Truck or Taurus.

Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Fast Freddy said:
i sat in a GT today. wanted to see if i fit and how adjustable the seat, steering wheel and peddles were. i am 6-1 tall and weigh 205 lbs. the seat can be adjusted back and forth, IE: front to rear. the upright back portion of the seat can be adjusted for angle. bottom line the seat adjustments are identical to my 2001 viper. the steering wheel can be moved forward and back and up and down. forgot to check if the pedals were adjustable or not. bottom line was that for a driver of my size i fit. the closest tolerance for me was the roof height. i only had 1 inch of head room to the roof with the seat and steering wheel adjusted in my favor, IE: the seat moved forward lateraly and the seat back leaned all the way back.

so my questions are this, can the pedals be adjusted forward and back like my viper?

last but not least if i buy this car i would like to do open road racing events like the silver state classic in nevada and 1 mile top speed shootouts like the one done on the airport runway in goliad, texas.

in order to do this you have to wear a helmet. with a helmet on my head the helmet would hit the roof. if i could lower the seat 1" it would clear. can the seat be lowered like the seat in a viper can?? they make seat lowering kits for gen 2 vipers that lower the seats 1". the seat lowering kits for gen 3 vipers lower the seat 2".

so with that said i see that there are provisions built into the car to retrofit a 5 point racing harness; but the BIG question is can a 4 point roll bar be installed in this car??

If you want to run the Silver State you will need quite a bit of safety gear
dependent on your traget speed. Ie. fuel cell, fire system, roll cage, driving suits and helmets...