Another Friday, another "clean, unscheduled" status

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
Since Ford updates the order status every Thursday, my dealer checks every Friday, and my order is still at "clean, unscheduled". :frown

I must be under the wrong impression that a retail customer order takes precedence over an order for inventory. :confused Special procedures for special cars, I guess.

This wait is killing me -- plus my wife is getting tired of hearing me talk about it :willy

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
centerpunch said:
I got a call today with my VIN (813). I ordered my car Sept 13th!

I'm still trying to decide whether to weasel out of the car or not............
I am not sure "Weaseling" out of the order is fair to the dealer. Did you give a Deposit? Is the dealer going to want a "No-Option GT"? How many Forum members would want a "No-Option GT"?? If he can change the order then no harm, but otherwise how many no option cars are out there, all the ones I see are optioned cars, what I mean is are you going to be able to find the car out there the way you want it Equipped if you cancel the order.

Last edited:

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
SEPTEMBER!!!! CRAP!!!! My order was placed 10/10..I am hoping after some calls this week that mine gets pushed up higher...I have heard that the process for picking the cars that get Vin'd is a little antiquated so until then I just bay crap on ebay..

Bony there is another one of those film reels out there from a3stooge.

Matt

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Your car sounds sweet, so if you back out I'd think the dealer would be thrilled. But I'm glad to hear you probably won't back out.

BTW, my wife was sick of hearing me spout about the GT, too. I did it from Spring of 2002 until August 2005. Now I still spout constantly, but with one parked in the garage at least she understands why. :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The no-stripe blue looks excellent. I like it even more with just the vinyl side stripes.

Besides, how could you back out after taking all that time to whip up fgtprices? :wink

Jimmy J

Dec 28, 2005
Tampa, FL
FORDGT001 said:
How many Forum members would want a "No-Option GT"??

That's exactly what I'm waiting for! :eek

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Centerpunch,

Great choice on the color. PM sent.

Best Regards,
Waldo

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
"NO OPTION GT"

That is the ONLY way that I WILL buy one!! Still trying to find a dealet to order me one at about MSRP.

AMB

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
if you love the top gear show...YOU MUST buy the discovery channel DVD..it's excellent..buy the car already and let's roll all the way to WIXOM

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Centerpunch

If I can get it for about MSRP !!

AMB

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Centerpunch

PM me with all the information WHEN you deside!!

AMB

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
That color combo is stunning!

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Centerpunch...Do you know if they said they pulled a block of VIN's on Friday? I am hoping mine might be among them but if you got your order in Sept 13..I am looking at another freakin Month...my date is 10/10.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP.....................................................................

Well I guess I will call the dealer this morning to see what I can find out then call my contact at Ford...if he is still there this morning :)

Matt

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
427Aggie said:
Centerpunch...Do you know if they said they pulled a block of VIN's on Friday? I am hoping mine might be among them but if you got your order in Sept 13..I am looking at another freakin Month...my date is 10/10.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP.....................................................................

Well I guess I will call the dealer this morning to see what I can find out then call my contact at Ford...if he is still there this morning :)

Matt

Try posting at Blue Oval for update on production schedules, worked for me.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Order a GT???

Guys,
I take it from what I'm getting here that ordering one of these cars may bring new and added frustrations, plus long delays? I've had two dealers tell me they can order, with firm production dates and I can order what I want. Ordering's a bad enough experience on a normal car, so I'm not too inclined to go that route on a GT. Especially with any number of suitable GT's on the market these days.
Am I sensing this correctly from those of you who may have gone or are going the ordering route?

By the way, my new American Custom hydraulic parking/maintenance lift is coming today for the garage, so now I've gotten the extra room to bring home a GT and work on it and my other weekend toys. Joyful days! :banana

Thanks and happy motoring.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
What section do you suggest Centerpunch? It doesn't seem like the 40 section gets much traffic.

Not to mention I am sure there are alot of Ford employee's that aren't in the best of moods to post today. :eek

matt

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
guess I should keep the conversations straight when I ask something :rofl

BONY where did you post on Blue Oval?

matt

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
blueoval.com had a section that was called 'fordgt40' if I recall, now it is in with the other Ford performance products. You will see my post and the answer I got which was spot on. Try it, it is free, the folks there have inside tracks.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yeah, I see that now, last time I logged in was back in October. I would still try that site for info, they had data my dealer could not get.

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
Well I'm excited now. I just got a call telling me my GTwill be serialized in Feb with production in April !!!! I really feel sorry for my wife who has to put up with me talking about this for so long!!!