Ford Gt Is Over Priced

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOOGLEVP

Jan 16, 2006
I have been looking at Ford GT's for a few months now. Two of my friends have them. I spent quite some time behind the wheel. It performs great and the looks are awesome. But...the pricing of $166,000 is way out of line for a Ford quality vehicle. I have owned Porsche Turbos and many high line vehicles. The car should be maxed out at $120,000 MSRP. I can afford three times that amount for a car and still think that Ford is trying to gain back all it's losses for the year with one model. I can think of five cars I'd rather own for that kind of money. I will wait a year or two and get one used for $85000. Anyone agree?

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Uhhh, this probably isn't the place to blast Ford GTs.

Try Rennlist or Ferrarichat, or maybe a Honda or Subaru site.

P.S. And if you're really a Google VP bitching about how much Ford GTs cost, does that mean we should all be thinking about selling our Google stock?

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
GOOGLEVP said:
Anyone agree?

Not me...

GOOGLEVP said:
But...the pricing of $166,000 is way out of line for a Ford quality vehicle.

Compared to what?

GOOGLEVP said:
I have owned Porsche Turbos and many high line vehicles. The car should be maxed out at $120,000 MSRP.

Then Carerra GT's should MSRP for no more than 200K...

GOOGLEVP said:
I can afford three times that amount for a car...I can think of five cars I'd rather own for that kind of money

Go buy something else then...

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
agreed...200k for an SL65?. 175k for Turbo Porsche?..please these GT's run circles around it...I sold a F430..made 35kk and bought the GT..never looked back.....america baby...the car ain;t perfect but she is SEXYYYYYY

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Ford GT...

Although I have never met you, and you may be an absolutely wonderful person, your comments are exactly what I would expect from the typical profile of a majority of countless Porsche Turbo owners that I have known or encountered over the past 18 years.

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
What I can't understand is, if a person has enough money for 3 FGTs, why wouldn't he just buy one and add it to his stable? Many wealthy people have several specimens from various manufacturers. Why try and dissuade yourself over price justification? If you can appreciate it, just get it, and don't rationalize the price. Thats what I would do, if I had half a mil of disposable cash on hand.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
GOOGLEVP said:
I can afford three times that amount for a car and still think that Ford is trying to gain back all it's losses for the year with one model.

Let's see here. A company that made a pre-tax profit of over 5 billion dollars last year is trying to gain back it's "losses" by making under 15k a car on a vehicle that does volume under 1500 units a year....Makes total sense :bored

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I wonder if this fellow is the one with the 'sweet' Camero with the chain wheel?!

It's worth pointing out to numbnuts that the GT is not really a 'Ford quality vehicle' - it's entirely hand built and of equal build and engineering quality as Lamborghini, Aston... In fact the engine looks of a far higher quality than my Vanquish or Murcielago did. In the UK they are priced the same as both of these models.

The price is, ultimately, completely irrelevant to a collector and enthusiast. If you can only afford three times that amount, then you should firstly think about buying a house or appartment as soon as you get out of college, I wouldn't put 30% of my income into a car, 2% maybe.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Google Vp .... :bored ..... Not sure he has a drivers license yet I don't think he should buy a GT and yes, right, maybe consider to move out of the dormitory first and buy a used one bedroom appartment, as a matter of priority.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GOOGLEVP said:
I can think of five cars I'd rather own for that kind of money. I will wait a year or two and get one used for $85000. Anyone agree?

Well...doesn't look like anyone agrees. Got any other insightful trial balloons you want to float?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I guess no one wants to welcome GoogleVP to the Forum.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
GoogleVP - Did you get your answer?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I don't think it requires much beyond a 'modest' intellect to realise that your first post on a Forum should probably not be written in such a way! So no, not welcome I imagine. The GT is an unusual car in that most owners are probably reasonably successful in one way or another - that kind of person doesn't want to be lectured to by a lightweight.

Sorry, frisky mood today! The Forum is like a bar (or pub) where like minded folk can get together and share stuff - this guy just barged in and farted!

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
Neilda said:
Sorry, frisky mood today! The Forum is like a bar (or pub) where like minded folk can get together and share stuff - this guy just barged in and farted!

Nice one Neil!- I got a chuckle out of that.

ART T

GT Owner
Nov 21, 2005
Healdsburg, CA,
Google,

People that have money.....dont brag about it.

Hmmmmmm

Art :bored

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
This guy needs to tour the plant, watch a GT get built, and then tell us about "Ford quality vehicles." Ford wishes its entire model line could be up to "GT" spec -- but no company can hand assemble 900,000 F-Series a year.

Hey Google, watch the video and then tell me your Porsche is better built:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=107085

GOOGLEVP

Jan 16, 2006
Thanks for the kind words.

Great comments....Sorry to upset your happy-happy thing going on. I agree that the Carrera Gt is double what it should be. The Turbos don't cost 175k. My last one was $140 out the door. Cars that are priced correctly include the F430, the Z06, the Shelby Mustang GT500, the new baby Aston Martin AMV8 or whatever they call it now. I am a Ford guy from the get go. My 2nd car was a 67 Mustang. I drove it all throughtout college and bought a new 5.0 GT when I graduated. I currently have a restored 67 Mustang GTA convert that I have had for 11 years. . I was going to work for Ford out of college. Thank God I didn't.

I have owned 2 AMERICAN Vipers.

I love the style of the Ford GT. The quality from what I see and read from you guys, sucks. Your paying for the hype and stripes. I can't wait for Ford to do the big price reduction ie GM just did on their piles.

I have been known to fart at bars.

New money always brags about it.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Humility is clearly not your thing. Well the only advice is don't buy one, I think you'd hate it. We, on the other hand, this happy gullible bunch of owners will be sure to let you know when the GT is available half price... :lol

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Ford GT

GoogleVP, Of all the cars I have ever wanted, never was one a turbo porsche; however, I never felt it necessary to go to a Porsche Forum to show the ignorance or arrogance you have here. There are 2 words which properly describe you....Mo Ron. The reality is you probably have to wait and hope to someday be able to buy a GT for $85,000 because that's the limit of your financial wherewithall. Have a nice day!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
seems like everytime i post my thoughts and comments about people like you my posts are removed.
so i will be nice in this reply and maybe it will stay on !!
sir:
when you grow up, have paid your life experience dues, can afford and appreciate the better things in life such as the fantastic ford gt, then come back on here, in the mean time go away, your immature comments are not welcome here !!!!

sam
#1451 red/white

Status
Not open for further replies.