IMAGES of shifter and engine access area

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Okay, I have decided to examine the shifter mechanism to see what will be involved when I install the short throw version.

While I removed the floor panel on the passenger side, I noticed a pair of copper tubes that get very warm, so I may insulate them. This probably explains some of the heat buildup within the car on long drives.

I had to drive the car with the engine access cover removed, what a trip!

My McIntosh radio crapped out, however the CD player still works. Hopefully it will be something simple, as a disconnected antenna plug. Has anyone else had problems with theirs?

Thanks,

Jay

Passenger%20side.jpg

Engine%20access%20area%202.jpg

Shifter%20assembly.jpg

Engine%20access%20area.jpg

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Yikes! you're a brave man... looks like you took the Terminator to bits!

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
This may be a new way to change the pulley without removing the supercharger.

Is there enough room to reach the pulley and remove it?

Dave

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
dude, you are HARDCORE...you must really want that short shifter bad...you're a better man then I ..there is no way I could tear into my stuff like that!!!

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
damn!! how difficult was it to remove that center console?

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
I will post some pictures of my Header install. The whole back of the car had to be removed. Some of us are truly certifiable. :willy

Steve T

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
dude, you are HARDCORE...you must really want that short shifter bad...you're a better man then I ..there is no way I could tear into my stuff like that!!!

What he said! :eek

Since you have it apart, take a few pics of the console out of the car. What covers the hole between the seats, a plate of some kind?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
:ack

I can't even dream about doing that to my car!

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
It reminds me of the automotive version of HOSTEL

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
1. Dude, you're nuts :lol

2. That would look really really cool to put a piece of plexiglass in between the motor and cockpit instead of the sub/storage bin.

Shoman594

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
DBK said:
2. That would look really really cool to put a piece of plexiglass in between the motor and cockpit instead of the sub/storage bin.

Awsome idea!!!!

Wow man, it will be nice to see the short shifter installed when your done. Seeing the insides reminds me of the GT that was cut in half for the 2005 Auto Show, too bad I lost the pictures. Has any one else seen this?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Ford GT teardown and new accessory product status

Okay everyone,

My short throw shifter is supposed to arrive next week, around Jan 26 or so. I will do a complete photoshoot of the entire operation since it is a bit tricky to do this disassembly and other's may learn off of my mistakes.

DBK, I am only partially nuts. I have already completed a special Lexan composite (not pure) (read "bullet-proof") clear cover. I am designing a nice looking aluminum frame to make this clear cover more complete. I will post images of the cover this weekend.

Also, I have designed a "wireless" (non-contact) trickle charger for the battery, so no more wires or plugs will be necessary during "OFF" time. You'll never have another dead battery from the car sitting for extended periods!

I also have an engine bay light that does not require any drilling for installation (and hopefully no wire cutting or splicing). It looks good, especially at night! Sort of has the glow of a nuclear reactor core, before meltdown...

These products will be marketed for the Ford GT only.

I will also post the weight of all components that I have removed during disassembly for reference purposes.

I expect to have my new forged wheels and tires next week as I am making my tire shop purchase new plastic interface parts for his tire changing machine. The only thing I want contacing my new wheels is virgin plastic. I offered to buy these plastic replacement parts so that they would only be used on my wheels.

I will have all of these items ready for the market soon!

Jay

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm tempted to ask how a wireless charging system would work - but fear I would not understand the reply! I'd be very interested in that product, as I suspect a few of the UK owners would too.

4ord GT

GT Owner
Oct 22, 2005
No. Va.
Neilda said:
I'm tempted to ask how a wireless charging system would work - but fear I would not understand the reply! I'd be very interested in that product, as I suspect a few of the UK owners would too.
I think a wireless charger would be cool. But from the point of Energy transfer, I have always been under the impression that you can not transfer energy through the air. I have always been under the impression that what you can send through the air is TV, RF signals and stuff like that. I would think if you could make a wireless battery charger, couldn't we theorectically eliminate all the power lines in the world? Oh yeah, I agree with DBK, Dude you are nuts or you have big nuts or either or both. Regardless, I am glad there are guys like you who have nuts big enough to do things like this.

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
yea, this 'wireless' trickle charger..am I missing somehting? Don;t you need a wire SOMEWHERE to get the energy into the battey? This sounds like star trek to me...