Status
Not open for further replies.

rrobello

Dec 21, 2006
This Saturday, May 12th.
7-9am
Cars and Coffee will feature
POWERED BY FORD

I say we make the best showing ever, even topping this weeks Ferrari turnout (of 105 Ferraris). Now obviously Fords can easily outdo them in quantity but I think we can even show them up in quality as well! Remember this is for ALL CARS POWERED BY FORDS, so bring what ever cool Blue Oval pride vehicle you own. I know someone who works for Mazda at those buildings so I will see if they will rope off the first isle for any overflow from the main marque spot. The show starts at 7am but I think we should be there by 6:30 to start filling in these spots or else it will be a big PIA to do so when everyone gets there.

For those coming from San Diego, I will be at the TGIFridays in Carlsbad at 5:30am and wheels rolling at 5:45 to be at PAG by 6:30am. If anyone wants to come with speak up!

Some cars being brought by Ford:
DeTomaso: Mangusta, Pantera, Vallelunga, Longchamps
Ford: GT-40, Ford GT
Lotus: Cortina, Europa Twin Cam and more
Race Cars: CanAm, TransAm, NASCAR, Sierra Cosworth, Formula 1, Group C, CTP, Indy
Ralley Cars: Falcon, RS200, Cortina
Roush: Mustang
Saleen: Mustang, S7
Sunbeam: Tiger
Shelby: Cobra, GT350, GT500
Vintage: Hot Rods, Cammers

CarsandCoffee001.jpg

CarsandCoffee002.jpg

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Take a lot of pictures for those of us that cant be there!

Thanks,
Nate

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Take a lot of pictures for those of us that cant be there!

Thanks,
Nate

You can find his pictures, and his post on many webs sites,
I have seen it several times already. Not one new word is added, the question is, how many OWNERS need this information, and would not get it from other web sites? Personally, I find when a nonowner posts events, that all what is accomplished, is that bandwith is gobbled up. :bs Owners are invited to comment.
Bony

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I was there last week for the F-car showing. It was very impressive!

rrobello

Dec 21, 2006
Id like to respond but dont want to come off as being rude, so please take this with a grain of salt as it is more of a series of questions so as to further fine tune any of my possible future posts and not further aggravate the situation.

1. This event unlike the other monthly one I normally post about is HUGELY about FORD this week and Ford GTs are after all Fords so why is it not appropriate to get the word out?

2. The monthly event I normally do post about is about cars and being an enthusiast (no money is made by anyone, no sponsors or any companies are involved, just owners of the cars they love); now I may be wrong here but I would assume that people that take the time to sign onto a forum and post and read stuff are enthusiasts and that they might be interested in such events even though they do include other exotics other than GTs.

3. Isnt this what forums are for? To get information out to people about cars and the events involving them.

4. As you mention Bony I do post on other forums, but none of them are Ford GT forums (although almost all of them are FORD sites), and I do try to reedit my posts for this site so as if they do include the same information as posted on other sites that it is tailored as much as possible for here but it is very difficult to make it very different when the meat and potatoes of the post is the needed information. And you are assuming that everyone on here is on the same forums as you and I are obviously on, whereas I am making the assumption that perhaps they are not and even more so that this might be the only forum they frequent. I make this assumption because I know 5 people that own Ford GTs and none of them own a Mustang so why would they go to Mustang Forums? Most of them own something like a BMW or Mercedes for their daily driver and love their GT but dont know of many events or get to do much with them; as I live in SoCal and I am sure that as a majority here (unlike the rest of this country, or at least on a much smaller scale) that although there might be more people that own exotics per capita in SoCal that they aren't "car people" per say and if they found a forum about GTs then it would be because they suddenly have an interest in getting out with them and meeting others with the same passion, but wouldnt go to a Ferrari or Lambo or Mustang site to do so.

5. As far as this thread goes, what sites have you seen it on? Because I havent posted it on many yet, mostly the ones that are Mustang sites that are big in SoCal.

6. Is this site really just for owners? Do people who can not afford to own a GT yet not get to appreciate them and be as fanatical about them as their owners do? And do these people that dont own GTs (as I have notice that there are several posters on here that do not) have absolutely nothing meaningful to contribute just because they dont own a GT?

So these are pretty much just all questions that I have that Ive asked Bony in private via PMs so as not to violate any rules or overstay my welcome, because I truly am an enthusiasts and love Fords and GTs and would like to contribute to this site in the little ways that I can to maybe and hopefully add something to make this place a little better, but for the most part the main reason I am given in response is that I "DONT OWN A GT." (which btw Bony you never confirmed or asked about, just assumed, before removing my posts and telling me it was because I am not an owner; it was I that openly admitted in agreeing with your assumption that I dont own a GT)

So since he brought it to the open forums to be discussed, Id be very interested in hearing your opinions as well. Do you find my post to be annoying and useless? Should I refrain from posting about events all together? Do you frequent many Mustang forums and see my posts before you come here and so this is old news? Do I not have the right to share information here or partake in drooling over GTs because I do not own one? This is an online community and as I said I do not wish to overstep any bounds nor upset anyone nor break any rules so whatever the consensus is I will oblige. If it is deemed that these event posts are not needed I will gladly cut back and refrain from posting about events, and posting in general and resort to just lurking and admiring in private if need be.

rrobello

Dec 21, 2006
I was there last week for the F-car showing. It was very impressive!

yes the GT turnout was very nice as well. actually all of the cars turnout in large numbers, more 300sls than I have ever seen in one place. I think this week we can top the Ferraris though. Are you planning on attending?

the list I have gathered so far from, sadly so far non-GT owners..lol:
1.Richard-rrobello (05 Mustang GT) Meeting at TGIF
2.Marco-2in turbo cobra (1999 COBRA) Meeting at TGIF
3.Mark-uh60lchief ('65 GT350 (clone) convertible) MAYBE
4.Mike-SDKB (03 Cobra) Meeting at TGIF
5.Justin-misled20 (06 V6) Meeting at TGIF
6.Shaun-DarkHelmet (99 GT Vert)
7.Ed-C1 Bullitt (01 Bullitt) Meeting at TGIF
8.Nestor-SCS Ninja (03 Mach 1) Meeting at TGIF
9.Fran-FGT22 (96 GT) Meeting at TGIF MAYBE
10.07Shel (66 GT350)
11.Son of GT (07 GT500 Vert)
12.Hoppy (Shelby Cobra)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We're done discussing this. People know about C&C. In the regional subsections non-owners can't see people have posted about it many times.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
p.s, yes this site is *heavily* geared towards owners of the car, and it benefits substantially in it's usefulness subsequently. Not to sound rude, but I'm not sure why this is a point of debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.