GT for SALVAGE

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Hi,
I saw this item on eBay and thought this was interesting.
Is this the GT that was owned by Paulie Jr. of Orange county choppers ?
We saw him driving a Black GT about 6 months ago in North Jersey !
Check it out.:rofl

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300106032917

Last edited:

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Looked at it . . . on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...yZ116478QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Item #300106032917

I would say that the estimated repair costs:eek border on AMC Gremlin parts. The hidden damage not obvious in the photos is always a concern. Unless you have a stack of FGT's in the local bone yard.

Heck, at the right price, I'd buy it; after Denis and Rich take a good look.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Only $5K in parts and a weekend worth of work!:lol

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Take a look at the passenger door.:rofl

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Only $5K in parts and a weekend worth of work!:lol

Does that include TWO air bags !:eek :eek

And how much will this cost you !

"By bidding on this item you agree to have any pertaining court or collections proceedings to take place in Lorain or Cleveland Ohio. Ohio will have all jurisdiction over this Ebay transaction"

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Sad

Shadowman

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I liked the "search car-part.com for good used parts at half of these prices" the most. Total bullshit. :rofl

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Its a shame, its so tempting to the untrained eye. REALIZATION SETS IN AND ITS A PARTS JUNKER BABY. WELL ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST, HAVE WE HIT 500 TOTALLED YET? MUST BE CLOSE:frown .In this case without even seeing the frame , which is the whole thing, the real front nose is 23,000 bare minimal:eek YES CALL YOUR LOCAL FRIENDLY SUPPLIER , IM STILL UNDER:eek the doors are 6 grand each TO START. Another tip off which of course you cant see in the pics. are, if the glass window behind your head is scuffed or broken:thumbsup . IF SO THE MOTOR GOT SHUNTED, THEN ITS ALL OVER.....:frown OKAY ILL TAKE THE REAR BUMPER, TAIL LITE AND A PAIR OF WHEELS, 10 GRAND. :thumbsup GTJOEY WATCHING ANOHTER ONE BITE THE DUST.:willy

M

Mark O

I'll give 'em $500.00 for all four red calipers. :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
WELL ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST, HAVE WE HIT 500 TOTALLED YET? MUST BE CLOSE:frown

You and your doomsday prognostications. :lol There is absolutely no way 500, or even close to 500, GT's have been totaled. Out of the 4000 cars, probably half have under 1000 miles (cough cough). Plenty of those cars probably have under 500. Some even less. Most driven at a moderate pace to the Concours and back.

Don't get me wrong, lots have seen damage, but no way is 1 in 7 GT's totaled out. If that were the case, nobody would insure these things.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Don't quote me exactly on these prices, but I've done some research (and purchasing) so I will offer the following:

Headlight -- $1,000
Steering wheel -- $1,000
Front bumper cover -- $1,100
Fender -- don't know, haven't priced
Front grille -- $353
Front underbody panel -- $526
Front chin spoiler -- $148
Front chin spoiler support brackets (two, LH and RH) -- $30 each
Front storage tub/cargo area -- $243
Front hood/cargo cover -- can't remember exactly, think it was over $1,000

We haven't even talked about inner wheel wells, suspension pieces, cooling lines, paint work, the passenger airbag and other suprises.

I agree with one thing the ad says: This car is for people that know what they are doing.

Damn straight!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
That ain't right! :eek Driver's classes should be mandatory.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I'm sorry, but the GT is one of the easiest supercars to drive. How in the hell do people destroy them?

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
Take a good look at the driver door. There has to be frame damage. It doesnt sit in the jam right. If they would put it in writing that $5,000 would fix and THEY you do ALL the work then there might just be a great deal. :) haha what a joke. Hope no one falls into that crap.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Take a good look at the driver door. There has to be frame damage. It doesnt sit in the jam right. If they would put it in writing that $5,000 would fix and THEY you do ALL the work then there might just be a great deal. :) haha what a joke. Hope no one falls into that crap.

+1

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
You and your doomsday prognostications. :lol There is absolutely no way 500, or even close to 500, GT's have been totaled. Out of the 4000 cars, probably half have under 1000 miles (cough cough). Plenty of those cars probably have under 500. Some even less. Most driven at a moderate pace to the Concours and back.

Don't get me wrong, lots have seen damage, but no way is 1 in 7 GT's totaled out. If that were the case, nobody would insure these things.
Based on the nation wide data base used By ALL domestic Auto policy underwriters NASB, there has been 217 cars that have been claimed "Under Salvage Claims" as of 4-1-07 , They also keep stats on stolen cars by make model and year..... 132 stolen 97 of them never recoverd , most likely in a cargo container to asia! If these stats are of intrest in the future I can give updates

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Based on the nation wide data base used By ALL domestic Auto policy underwriters NASB, there has been 217 cars that have been claimed "Under Salvage Claims" as of 4-1-07 , They also keep stats on stolen cars by make model and year..... 132 stolen 97 of them never recoverd , most likely in a cargo container to asia! If these stats are of intrest in the future I can give updates

Yes, please do. Let's see 4038 - 378 (exported) - 217 (total) = 3443 clean, American cars.

Does it also give info on number of cars with damage claims, or just totals and thefts?

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio

To your average Joe whose been working at a body shop sicne they age of 12 this still shouldnt be a terriable fix.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
was the 132 apart of the 217 , or other than. thank gtjoey 1314

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Nice info! That's more what I figured. 217 seems reasonable for an exotic high powered car. I'm sure a car like the Viper has an even higher percentage.