garage plans help

kdmfnrk

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2005
im going to build a garage this march 50x40 dont want just a plain square building with doors and cant find what im looking for any sugestions web sites i could look at with custom garage needs to match my home ive been on just about every site just not what im looking for ?????

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Do a google search for garages. There are many, many sites with ideas

KERRY P

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2005
YORBA LINDA CALIFORNIA
I would highly recommend Race Deck for your flooring, I have over 2000 sq. ft. of it in two different garages and it is way cool!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Try http://www.garagejunkies.net . Some of the garages in there are unreal, as well as the stuff in them. Pure storage to wild living spaces for cars and people.

I agree that racedeck is necessity, being that Mr. Racedeck is a GT owner himself!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I've got racedeck in my garage. Only took a couple of hours to install. Cleans up way better than a painted floor. Also your paint doesn't peel up.

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
RaceDeck GT forum prices

Thanks for mentioning RaceDeck garage floors. You should know that any FORD GT Forum member will get at discount when thy mention it. :cheers
800-457-0174
jmoller@racedeck.com

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
RaceDeck said:
Thanks for mentioning RaceDeck garage floors. You should know that any FORD GT Forum member will get a 50% discount when thy mention it. :cheers
800-457-0174
jmoller@racedeck.com

now THAT is generous!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
VPC, I have racedeck flooring which I fitted myself. The reason I did it was that there was too much concrete dust from the floor of the barn. It looks nice - more like a factory floor than an operating theatre after a few years. It loses its shine. My garage does not look like the super clean neat garages of my American chums on this Forum!

It's incredibly tough to cut - so I've used jacks and whatnot on it and it's fine. As long as you're being vaguely sensible it should last for years.

From memory (and without deleting this post and going back) the picture of my GT and Aston showing the two reds has race deck in the background.

One note of caution, if you let oil spot onto the surface, it does sink in and stain eventually. My Aston is a wee bit leaky and because I don't use it in the winter, the floor does get stained....

N

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
RaceDeck said:
Thanks for mentioning RaceDeck garage floors. You should know that any FORD GT Forum member will get at discount when thy mention it. :cheers
800-457-0174
jmoller@racedeck.com

I find that interesting. I have used the Floor Designer on your website, personally sent you an e-mail and have not heard from anyone except to receive a flimsy pamphlet from a dealer in Pennsylvania. Nothing about my needs, particlar size, or color selection.

Many people on this forum sing your praises but my experience so far has been far less than glowing.

Dave

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Very Funny 'SATX' :lol :lol I might just buy it from you :wink

You have mail 'barondw' - Never have seen an email from you? jmoller@racedeck.com - Give us a chance to make it right for you and would be interested in knowing the dealer who fell so terribly short on customer service.

barondw - if you do have any stained modules, we will replace them for you, they should not stain. There are some transmission fluids that have an odd additive that have reacted to certian colors, regardless, we will gladly send you new ones
jmoller@racedeck.com
800-457-0174

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
RaceDeck said:
Very Funny 'SATX' :lol :lol I might just buy it from you :wink

You have mail 'barondw' - Never have seen an email from you? jmoller@racedeck.com - Give us a chance to make it right for you and would be interested in knowing the dealer who fell so terribly short on customer service.

barondw - if you do have any stained modules, we will replace them for you, they should not stain. There are some transmission fluids that have an odd additive that have reacted to certian colors, regardless, we will gladly send you new ones
jmoller@racedeck.com
800-457-0174

Received a telephone call and e-mail from Jorgen (Racedeck) today. There is obviously some type of communication mix-up and they are doing all they can to correct the issue.

Just wanted to let everyone know about their quick and positive response.

Dave

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I did a 2 part epoxy painted floor and it is just great. No nicks, or scratches. A buddy turned me on to the stuff that he used in 12 service stations that he owned.

Also, if you live in a cold weather state go with hydronic heating in the floor. Works great and keeps out all dampness as well as very comfortable in the dead of winter when sitting on the floor polishing wheels. :thumbsup

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Here are a few photos of part of my garage

http://www.garagejunkies.net/showthread.php?t=2746

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I have garage envy.... :cheers

Your garage is awesome! :thumbsup

You must have another garage to keep all the "junk" that we all accumulate over the years.