GT Service in Miami

Russ Oasis

GT Owner
Dec 28, 2005
Miami, FL
I just brought my 05 GT home and need to know where to bring the car for service in the Miami area. Are there any dealerships that have technicians that know what they are doing?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Russ, I was recommended to the autonation dealer in FT. Lauderdale. However after Enzos' experience I will probably not be going there. I'm like that- ex.- I have had a beef with a gas station for 14 years because they didn't allow me to put air in my tire. Let me tell you I have owned many gas guzzler since then. I visit them regularly to put in their free air- but no gas. We'll see, they (Autonation) may be the most qualified in our area.

Call around and see who is ready to work on them. Armstrong in Homestead was very accomodating on Sat. But it seemed that besides the one they had for sale a few months ago, they had not seen another. I'm going to show my gratefulness by giving them a shot ( if they are ready). Keep me posted on what you find out.

Saludos from the Cubano driving the GT.

Cool Runnin'

GT Owner
Oct 6, 2005
Miami Beach
Russ -- Before I purchased my GT, I looked at one that Maroone Ford in Ft. Lauderdale had for sale on their floor. I also asked about service and the salesman told me that they had a qualified GT service technician on site. I haven't taken my car in for service yet, but that's where I plan on going until someone tells me otherwise.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I would contact the Service Manager before taking my GT in for service and ask him what precautions he will take with your car before taking it in for service. In other words will it be parked seperate from the other service cars, who will drive the car when its in the dealership. If its a driving related problem I would ask that the service manager ride shotgun with the tech on any drives. I would ask them not to wash the car after the service, accidents happen in wet wash bays. The less the car is driven by dealership employees the better.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I was told by my dealer, Ford of Orange, that all minor service and repairs are done at the dealer under phone guidance from Ford. If it is a serious problem or repair they will send out qualified tech. reps. He says Fords reason is that it would be to expensive and a waist to train all the dealers on how to repair/service sence most won't ever see one. Don't know if this a line o' crap but it kinda makes sence.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
right service in south florida

Russ Oasis said:
I just brought my 05 GT home and need to know where to bring the car for service in the Miami area. Are there any dealerships that have technicians that know what they are doing?
I definitely can recommend the Maroone Ford in Ft.Lauderdale guys for service and mods.
Technical, I had a funny sound in the gearbox, and they fixed it perfectly (loose washer in the box) . I had the Borla installed there, and my car is there right now for Transaxle cooler install, short shifter install, catless header install (don't let them know I told you that, they are not supposed to and agreed only because I will export the car once all is done and reliable..) and few chrome parts in the engine room. I also had few of the body pieces aligned for equal spacing upo delivery, they adjusted all very well.

Ask for Mike Devan (their GM there, also performance car freak and real nice) or Carl Vitale (sold me/dealt with my car, but technically knows not much and talks some bull** sometimes, but is a cordial guy in Fleet/Internet department to coordinate) to assign the right tech, or Brian in parts/Service acceptance to write things out for youand assign the right tech (but they do that anyhow, I reckon). You can refer to myself (Stefan with the Blue white GT, license plates now GT40 SL), then they will treat you real well..

By the way, they have a heritgae GT in the showroom right now. So drive up, and have a look around. Aso, they should be working on my car right now so see if that makes you feel confident ..

slf360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Russ - Maroone Ford is the autonation dealer. In all fairness not all dealers are the same( thank goodness). It looks as they are treating Stefan real well. I may reconsider if Armstrong gives me the willys. Thankfully you have time to research your options. Gentlemen I think there are now 5 of us in South Florida posting.

Regards,
Manny

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
You guys will have to gang up on all those Ferraris I saw circling South Beach resturants last spring. :wink

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I just got my car on friday, white/blue stripes. Taking my car to a ford dealer for repair scares the sh-t out of me!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
I definitely can recommend the Maroone Ford in Ft.Lauderdale guys for service and mods.
Technical, I had a funny sound in the gearbox, and they fixed it perfectly (loose washer in the box) . I had the Borla installed there, and my car is there right now for Transaxle cooler install, short shifter install, catless header install (don't let them know I told you that, they are not supposed to and agreed only because I will export the car once all is done and reliable..) and few chrome parts in the engine room. I also had few of the body pieces aligned for equal spacing upo delivery, they adjusted all very well.

Ask for Mike Devan (their GM there, also performance car freak and real nice) or Carl Vitale (sold me/dealt with my car, but technically knows not much and talks some bull** sometimes, but is a cordial guy in Fleet/Internet department to coordinate) to assign the right tech, or Brian in parts/Service acceptance to write things out for youand assign the right tech (but they do that anyhow, I reckon). You can refer to myself (Stefan with the Blue white GT, license plates now GT40 SL), then they will treat you real well..

By the way, they have a heritgae GT in the showroom right now. So drive up, and have a look around. Aso, they should be working on my car right now so see if that makes you feel confident ..

slf360

Hello and Happy New Year Stefan,
Where have you been hiding? :wink Please post some pictures of your mods.
Glad to see you back.
Cheers, daniel

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
ciao, ciao

bony said:
Hello and Happy New Year Stefan,
Where have you been hiding? :wink Please post some pictures of your mods.
Glad to see you back.
Cheers, daniel
Ciao Bony !

been hiding in the Bahamas with the boat and my girls.... beautiful but no internet ! :thumbsup

Happy new year to You and Jerry (and all our buddies in the forum of course), and of course, i can post pics soon...

Cheers, stefan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
Ciao Bony !

been hiding in the Bahamas with the boat and my girls.... beautiful but no internet ! :thumbsup

Happy new year to You and Jerry (and all our buddies in the forum of course), and of course, i can post pics soon...

Cheers, stefan

Gee Stefan, poor guy, no internet, just women, your boat and the sun, damnit
I feel so very sorry for you. You ruined my whole day... welcome back! :party

ART T

GT Owner
Nov 21, 2005
Healdsburg, CA,
South Florida GTs

Hey Guys,

I am currently a transplanted Miamian, living in the DC area. I am hoping the few of us could get together and form a South Florida GT Owners Club. I hope to be back home by July 2006

Any Thoughts?

Art Torano