Dealers willing to sell at MSRP?

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a Ford GT but I'm not in a big hurry. Does anyone know a dealer who would be willing to order an 06 for me? If you don't have a buyer for your late 06 car, I'll travel. :biggrin

I'm not looking to resell it, it would be for my personal use, sunny days, track days, etc.

I'd be willing to trade an original 67 corvette convertible, 327/350 hp, as part of the deal, but this is not required.

Thanks for any leads,
Dan

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
TTT No takers?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dan,
Do you have a color/combo you're looking for? Does it have to be an 06'?

As far as the ordering thing, I believe the situation is that all orders for the entire run are already placed, but obviously you can find a dealer with an order and have it configured to your liking, but no "new" orders can be put in.

:cheers

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
As far as color, I'd like black w/o stripes or yellow with stripes as first choices, then blue or red. no white. I agree that the best I could do would be to change an existing order before it is locked down for production.

It doesn't have to be an 06, but if could order it, it would be without a stereo or forged wheels. I'm investigating custom GT40, knock-off style, halibrand wheels from PS engineering, Trigo or Vintage for fitment on the Ford GT. Here is a link with some cobra application wheels, but it shows what I'm thinking about. http://www.erareplicas.com/427/wheels.htm

I'd like to stay away from the early speedy sleevecars; however (S/N pre ~450?)

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Nice wheel choice. I'm going to be doing the exact same thing in about a year or 2.

SMLDONZI

Sep 27, 2005
NE OH/SW VA
Thats EXACTLY the type of wheel I envision on this car--in a plus one or two size over stock. Might be tough to find them that big. It would be just a killer look!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Most of the original and replica GT's that I have seen run a wheel called the BRM pattern. The wheel on the link you posted is also produced by TRIGO in SoCal, which is owned by major Cobra collector Lyn Park. It is going to take a major group buy unless a billet wheel is acceptable.

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
P.I. Motorsport in Orange has a new Ford GT

Jerry Sackett has one but I think he was originally hoping to get the price they were going for a few months ago.He may be more equitably priced now. The good thing is he will take a Pantera in part trade as the business he runs is a Pantera shop.
Tell him the Bitzman sent you.

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Ok, I'm out. I'm no longer looking for a GT. In fact the whole dealer process has left a bad taste in my mouth. Seems to be plenty of cars around, but everyone is trying to get rich off of them. The season is over now and the cars are a year old. Hope the greedy dealers get stuck with them. It would have been so much easier if you could just buy directly from Ford. To go into various dealers and be treated with such distain for wanting to spend $150,000 is unbelievable. Too Bad Ford :thumbsdow

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
centerpunch,
Please let us know what you actually pay when your GT comes in.

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
centerpunch said:
? ? ? ? ?

Well, it's a reputable dealer, and I have a written document saying the car will be sold at MSRP.

In fact, I probably should have negotiated $5K or so off sticker.

Sounds good! :thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
centerpunch said:
? ? ? ? ?

Well, it's a reputable dealer, and I have a written document saying the car will be sold at MSRP.

In fact, I probably should have negotiated $5K or so off sticker.

I have no doubt you will be able to purchase at MSRP, but if they tried to renege on the written agreement and hose you on the price, it wouldn't be the first time. See the C6 Z sections on the Vette boards.

It's a shame decent dealers get dragged into the same mud as the sleazebags. Of which there are a great many.