GT Newsletter

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
Is there currently a GT Newsletter? This website takes care of most news and dialogue, but a newsletter if done correctly could serve a purpose. Photos of new products, photos showing mods and how to complete the changes at home. Tuners and suppliers could buy space and inform GT owners of the closest shop to their home. I believe that at least one member is a writer, we would need a graphic artist, and I am a printer so we can figure out how to get the idea off of the ground.

Just an idea, I liked the Viper Owners newsletter and it's always great to read it a your leisure. With the internet, it is easy to submit photos of get togethers and owners garages and cars.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
sounds like furlong has a good idea there
i belong to 2 vette organizations as well as a few clubs, and they all send out monthly newsletters.
members names and locations, want ads, repairs, car of the month, editorials, cars/parts for sale, modification pictures, consigners, etc, etc
i think the most i pay for one of them is 25.00 per year

sam
#1451----------red/white

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The problem is that there is no official Ford GT owner's club. This site serves that purpose de facto (and does a damn fine job of it I might add) but until/unless there is a real club with real help, news letters will be difficult. The problem is workload and who is going to do it...any volunteers?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This site suits the purpose just fine and doesn't put too much work on anyone, does it DBK?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I agree, this site is very informative and almost instant. Way faster than mail to arrive. Similar to the Superformance cobra owners forum. However that is restricted to owners only, but they talk about EVERYTHING.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Well I Declare! I make the motion.

The problem is that there is no official Ford GT owner's club. This site serves that purpose de facto (and does a damn fine job of it I might add) but until/unless there is a real club with real help, news letters will be difficult. The problem is workload and who is going to do it...any volunteers?

From here on out this is the Official Gt owners Club and DBK is The Chairman.

Do I here a Second?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The problem is that there is no official Ford GT owner's club.

I'm not gonna get to far into it, but the deal is already sealed that this is the official Ford GT Owners website with FMC blessing/recognition. There will be a new website to jump off things like a newsletter, the Rally, and a legit full-blown registry. I'm assuming that will lead to sometime of publication that may be bi-annual. I think a quarterly might be too much for a car that only has maybe 3,000 owners...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I'm not gonna get to far into it, but the deal is already sealed that this is the official Ford GT Owners website with FMC blessing/recognition. There will be a new website to jump off things like a newsletter, the Rally, and a legit full-blown registry. I'm assuming that will lead to sometime of publication that may be bi-annual. I think a quarterly might be too much for a car that only has maybe 3,000 owners...

Well done Dave, look forward the the "formal" announcement!

Andy

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Great news Dave! I hope you can find a way to spread some of the work around now. I look forward to the official announcement. :thumbsup

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I'll second that. Great new and congrats Dave!! FMC Good for you for getting involved. I hope more so now than ever.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Great news Dave! I hope you can find a way to spread some of the work around now. I look forward to the official announcement. :thumbsup

I've already enlisted some help from the GT team. :willy:cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well it comes down to , paper, dead lines, mailings,stamps ect, if we are talking about a newsletter in print. UUMM I LIKE PAPER BUT THIS SITE DOES IT ALL. YES IF A FORMAL CLUB IS SET , WHICH WILL COME, THEN COMES POLITICS,:bored THEN WE ALL START HATING EACH OTHER , THEN ITS A SIENFELD EPISODE. SPEAKING FROM BEING PRES. OF JAG CLUB, VETTE CLUB ECT . ITS ALL POLITICAL. BELIEVE ME IN 2 MONTHS DBK WILL SUCK, THE NEWS LETTER IS BIAS, WE HAVE NO GAY GT OWNERS, YADDA YADDA YADDA. PLUS FROM EXPERIENCE, THEN WE NEED TO CHARTER AND GET IIINNNSSSURANCE , OH THATS FUN:biggrin THEN TREASURE ECT. CAN WE JUST KEEP THIS GOOD THING GOING :thumbsup As long as we all chip in i think things are okay:thumbsup ANYWHO EITHER WAY IM IN:thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
I'm with Joey......

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What's all this "we"? Says the man who won't "chip in" because he's already scared he's going to get sued as a party to the actions of anyone on the site. :bored Who gave my name and number to the Marriot so they could send me the 100k bill and contract for the event they planned? :lol

Just kidding. The point of making sure that we get official status as "the" board is precisely so nobody else does. Trust me, someone will try and do it sooner or later. A small bi-annual publication and a sticker will not bring Armageddon. Make no mistake, it's not to form a NCCC type club. There are over 4,000 GT's. Not even a quarter are on here, and many guys never use the net. It'll make it easier to reach out to them. I talked to Rich from the GT Yearbook team and thought it would be a nice way for some of those guys to stay active with tangible momentos. I'm sure they'll do an admirable job!

Well it comes down to , paper, dead lines, mailings,stamps ect, if we are talking about a newsletter in print. UUMM I LIKE PAPER BUT THIS SITE DOES IT ALL.......

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Let's see now, just who has the MOST posts? Perhaps THEY should be the big organizer. DBK, do I even need to guess which Californian has the most posts? World renowned classic car magazine contributor? My fellow Americans, there is one, and only one person, who could MODERATE such a GT newsletter/magazine.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Let's see now, just who has the MOST posts? Perhaps THEY should be the big organizer. DBK, do I even need to guess which Californian has the most posts? World renowned classic car magazine contributor? My fellow Americans, there is one, and only one person, who could MODERATE such a GT newsletter/magazine.

By the way yOu are talkiNg, I can't tell who You are talking about. Stop writing in code. :willy

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good one DBK.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Well done Dave, look forward the the "formal" announcement!

Andy

I think that was it :biggrin We go subtle here.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
By the way yOu are talkiNg, I can't tell who You are talking about. Stop writing in code. :willy

By the way yOu are talkiNg, I can't tell who You are talking about

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
P.S, I just though I should also note on the rally thing, Awsum GT is a guy whose opinions and advice I respect very much, and he pointed out that the Rally should probably be a Ford GT thing, rather than just a forum thing. I think he's right in that we'll probably get better participation by getting out the word beyond just the site.