Looking For Gt At Msrp

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I am getting ready to buy a new GT. I want the White with Blue stripes and all available options. I have found a couple on Ebay on the Eastcoast that can be bought at MSRP but I would prefer a Westcoast dealer at MSRP. If you know of any please let me know? Most of the dealers here in California still want way over MSRP. Thanks

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
FORDGT001 said:
I am getting ready to buy a new GT. I want the White with Blue stripes and all available options. I have found a couple on Ebay on the Eastcoast that can be bought at MSRP but I would prefer a Westcoast dealer at MSRP. If you know of any please let me know? Most of the dealers here in California still want way over MSRP. Thanks

I'll ask around. PM me with your cell phone #.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Fordgt001

Lithia Ford Of Boise, 8853 West Fairview Ave; Boise,id.83704; Ph: 1-888-428-3618 Or 1-208-342-6811; Has A White With Blue Stripe, Loaded Is Willing To Sell At About "msrp"!! I Wanted One Without Any Options.

Amb

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Thanks for the Info. I missed one this morning for $7K Off MSRP by a few minutes. I was also offered a Black one back of MSRP today as well.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I prefer the loaded car. I guess its not surprising the dealers are discounting Off of MSRP considering the #'s.
December 1 Market Overview
(each X represents 30 cars)

XXXXXXXXXX 1238 Ford GTs sold
XXXXXXXXXX Oct 2004 through Nov 2005
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX 1000 Ford GTs built but not sold
XXXXXXXXXX as of Dec 1, 2005
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX 1762 Ford GTs still to be built
XXXXXXXXXX for production run of 4000
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXX

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Step off the bench. You will be glad that you did. Why be a spectator when you can be a Driver????

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Does Anyone know what happened in this fight over price?

I lifted this off the net. Hoping the story is verbatum and not messed with.Does anybody know what happened? Bitzman.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dream car turns into court battle
By William C. Lhotka
Of the Post-Dispatch
06/01/2005
2005 Ford GT
(Gabriel B. Tait/P-D)

All his life, Edward F. Brennan Jr. said, he was fascinated by certain models of cars - particularly the exotic Ford GT40s of the 1960s that won races at Daytona and LeMans.

So Brennan, a lawyer from Belleville, wasted little time meeting with salespeople at the Dave Sinclair dealership in Mehlville when Ford Motor Co. announced in 2002 that it planned to build a limited edition super GT with a 550-horsepower engine and top speed of 205 mph.

One-thousand dollars changed hands.

But after the red-with-white sports car arrived on the Sinclair lot at Lindbergh Boulevard and Lemay Ferry Road about two weeks ago, Brennan and John Sinclair, president of the business and son of its founder, were at odds about exactly what that money had bought.

Now their dispute has landed in St. Louis County Circuit Court.

A deal is a deal, insists Brennan, 64, who said the deposit he paid on May 24, 2002, included an agreement to pay whatever Ford eventually listed as the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Brennan said the sticker price for his model, with the options he requested, is $153,095 - and that is what he should pay.

Sinclair insists there never was an agreement to buy the car at a particular price, and that Brennan really bought only a right of first refusal when the vehicle became available. He said Brennan is using the courts to try to create a deal that never existed.

Brennan can have the car for $59,905 over the list price, Sinclair said, which is $213,000.

According to court documents, Sinclair already has another buyer willing to pay $223,000. Sinclair said listings on the Internet as of Wednesday show an identical GT going for $244,096.

In an order Monday, Judge Bernhardt C. Drumm Jr. barred Sinclair from selling the GT to anyone pending a hearing on the facts. In the meantime, Sinclair said, the car sits "on our showroom floor about 10 feet from my office."

He complained, "It just goes to show you that no good deed goes unpunished."

Brennan had a rejoinder of his own, invoking dealer patriarch Dave Sinclair's familiar pledge in TV advertising that "If something's not right, I'll make it right." Complained the lawyer: "They advertise that they will make things right - but not so far."

The disenchanted buyer and unhappy seller are set to be heard in Drumm's court June 23.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
At this point just save the Attornies Fees and sell it to him for MSRP. Since you can now buy them back of MSRP.LOL