Tungsten GT Brake Upgrade ??

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
A while back there was a post showing a Tungsten GT with some new Yellow Brembo Brake calipers on the rear. I tried to find it via the "Search" but no such luck ?? Anyone know who's car that was.? I have a question for the owner.. Thx,

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
They were not Brembo's, but just the factory brakes repainted.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The stock factory brakes are made by Brembo and are the same as use on a Aston Martin.

BlackICE

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
For some reason other then the color they looked different from the factory calipers? I would like to find the post if anyone remembers it. Thx.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
He is correct. It was an aftermarket Brembo brake kit. It was a 6 piston front brake setup. The thread was deleted for some reason. Some people thought he was misrepresenting the kit or something, and some words were exchanged, and now the thread is a memory. You should be able to get the kit from any Brembo dealer.
It is only a front kit. They do not have the rear kit available, and may never even do it. There was a problem in developing the rear kit due to the parking brake caliper. SP painted the rear to match the new fronts.
The person that posted it is Mark from SP Engineering. The car belongs to the owner of SP. Hope that helps! :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thx ROCMAN,
I thought is was a 6 piston set up. Is Mark a member here? I would like to ask them some questions. PS: Your wheel & tire set up is smokin !!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
No problem. That's what the forum is for. :biggrin
His id was sp_weazel. Here is the car.

http://www.sp-power.com/projectcar/projectcarinfo.php?id=162

turboalex

Oct 26, 2005
STORMCAT said:
A while back there was a post showing a Tungsten GT with some new Yellow Brembo Brake calipers on the rear. I tried to find it via the "Search" but no such luck ?? Anyone know who's car that was.? I have a question for the owner.. Thx,
hi my name is alex,that is my car,any info you like feel free to call mark or me.
thanks
alex

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Brian,

How is the new car? Have you had a chance to drive it this week? What do you think?