New GT Specs are here

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Six Hundred Forty Seven Horsepower

from Ford Performance:
SAE-rated at 647 horsepower and with 550 lb.-ft. of torque, Ford’s new high-output 3.5-liter V6 powerplant produces the most horsepower of any EcoBoost production engine ever, making Ford GT the fastest production car ever to wear the Blue Oval badge. The engine’s wide powerband produces 90 percent of its peak torque from 3,500 rpm.
“Our expectation has always been that the EcoBoost V6 would perform exceptionally well in the Ford GT – both in terms of power as well as aerodynamic efficiency,” said Dave Pericak, global director, Ford Performance. “We tested and developed this powertrain through the Daytona Prototype race car that ran in IMSA for two seasons, last season racing with Ford GT. We are extremely pleased with how it performs, both on the track and on the road.”
Ford GT’s dry weight just tops 3,000 pounds, which places the supercar between its two primary competitors, the McLaren 675LT and Ferrari 488. Ford GT’s power-to-weight ratio is 4.72 pounds/horsepower.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
from Ford Performance:
SAE-rated at 647 horsepower and with 550 lb.-ft. of torque, Ford’s new high-output 3.5-liter V6 powerplant produces the most horsepower of any EcoBoost production engine ever, making Ford GT the fastest production car ever to wear the Blue Oval badge. The engine’s wide powerband produces 90 percent of its peak torque from 3,500 rpm.
“Our expectation has always been that the EcoBoost V6 would perform exceptionally well in the Ford GT – both in terms of power as well as aerodynamic efficiency,” said Dave Pericak, global director, Ford Performance. “We tested and developed this powertrain through the Daytona Prototype race car that ran in IMSA for two seasons, last season racing with Ford GT. We are extremely pleased with how it performs, both on the track and on the road.”
Ford GT’s dry weight just tops 3,000 pounds, which places the supercar between its two primary competitors, the McLaren 675LT and Ferrari 488. Ford GT’s power-to-weight ratio is 4.72 pounds/horsepower.

I guess the Cat is out of the bag so to speak.. :biggrin

was hoping for a tad more power and little less weight.. wonder what a 488 would run for a lap time,, ??

DEARBORN – Delivering the highest output of any EcoBoost® production engine to date, the all-new Ford GT couples its extraordinary power with impressive aerodynamic efficiency and advanced active dynamics to achieve a maximum speed of 216 mph – making it the fastest Ford production vehicle on the track ever.
Capable of an exceptional top speed, Ford’s all-new supercar is designed and optimized for track performance to honor its racing heritage. In 2016 development testing, with all contenders track-prepped with new fluids, fresh tires and optimal suspension settings, in identical conditions and with the same driver behind the wheel, Ford GT bested both the McLaren 675LT and Ferrari 458 Speciale at Calabogie Motorsports Park in Canada.
The numbers speak for themselves:

Ford GT: 2:09.8
McLaren 675LT: 2:10.88
Ferrari 458 Speciale: 2:12.9

“The Ford GT is all about performance,” said Raj Nair, Ford executive vice president, global product development and chief technical officer. “We achieved considerable weight savings with the carbon fiber architecture. We then reinvested some of that savings into where it counts most – performance, specifically, the active dynamics. The result is an even faster car.”

The active dynamics systems – for both suspension and aerodynamics – are designed to make the car perform with optimum downforce, drag and balance at any speed, creating a faster setup regardless of driver skill level.
Ford GT, with no excuses to give, has proven itself time and again, racing to class wins at Le Mans and numerous other tracks in both IMSA and WEC last season. The production Ford GT shares a great deal with the high-performance track version, with advanced aero and suspension features added that take it to another level.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
All the specs are here..

http://performance.ford.com/content...sts/Media Room/2017/01/2017_GT_Tech_Specs.pdf

Dry Weight of 3054 lbs . I wonder if that is with the Base Alum wheels and the standard Exhaust?

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I want to know the wet weight, that's what really counts. Although the weight gain wet shouldn't be as bad as the older FGT with it's huge dry sump, engine and intercooler coolant capacities. What size is the gas tank?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Shouldn't be that hard to estimate. Fuel 15.2 Gals. This GT holds more Oil is 15.3 quarts. Dry sump tank and oil going to a large external Oil cooler located in the right rear fender pod.. .
There is also large hydraulic tank, I will need to look up the capacity. Also need to add in the clutch fluid and trans fluid which will run to external coolers ..

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Performance figures made official

http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/01/ford-gt-delivers-highest-top-speed.html

647HP and 550 lb-ft of torque - A little more than my guess, so I'm very happy :thumbsup

But 3,000 pounds (dry) is a heavy surprise I must admit.

“We achieved considerable weight savings with the carbon fiber architecture. We then reinvested some of that savings into where it counts most – performance, specifically, the active dynamics. The result is an even faster car.”

I'm thinking that the active rear wing doesn't come free weight wise.

And the claim of making the best power to weight ratio og any super car i believe was too bold a statement

Last edited:

MarkNC

Oct 24, 2016
Love to have an official 0-60 figure as well.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I don't know if it's just the lighting but the car in the picture sure looks Midnight Blue.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The top speed of 216 mph is dazzling. This car has it all: light weight, high power & amazing aerodynamics.

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Where was top speed tested and who drove?

Previous record for a Ford (pre)-production car: 211.89 mph, Nardo Italy, Mark McGowan.

nardo.jpg

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
All business
Cargo volume 0.4 cubic feet

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Shouldn't be that hard to estimate. Fuel 15.2 Gals. This GT holds more Oil is 15.3 quarts. Dry sump tank and oil going to a large external Oil cooler located in the right rear fender pod.. .
There is also large hydraulic tank, I will need to look up the capacity. Also need to add in the clutch fluid and trans fluid which will run to external coolers ..

Looks like weighs more than 675LT and less HP ? That's not to say it isn't far cooler.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
Love to have an official 0-60 figure as well.

Ford never releases 0-60 times.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2017/01/ford-gt-delivers-highest-top-speed.html

647HP and 550 lb-ft of torque - A little more than my guess, so I'm very happy :thumbsup

But 3,000 pounds (dry) is a heavy surprise I must admit.

“We achieved considerable weight savings with the carbon fiber architecture. We then reinvested some of that savings into where it counts most – performance, specifically, the active dynamics. The result is an even faster car.”

I thinking that the active rear wing doesn't come free weight wise.

When they started talking about there being a built-in roll cage and all of the hydraulic active aero, I knew there was no chance it'd be as light as we all fantasized it would be. But just over 3000 lbs is pretty remarkable achievement all things considered.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I guess the Cat is out of the bag so to speak.. :biggrin

was hoping for a tad more power and little less weight..

I am with you Brian, I was a bit optimistic about the power and weight, but overall these are great numbers. I would bet the HP proves to be a little better than shown. :thumbsup

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Looks like weighs more than 675LT and less HP ? That's not to say it isn't far cooler.

I blame the cruise control and cupholder!

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
New GT Weight Figures

So we finally have all of the figures we've been waiting for and after a bit of simple math, here are the final weight numbers:

Dry Weight (No fluids whatsoever) - 3054 lbs (This is the number published by Ford)
"Race Car Dry" Weight (Dry Weight + all fluids, but no fuel) 3173 lbs (this was mentioned by Raj Nair in an interview that Autblog has posted)
Curb Weight (Race Car Dry Weight + 15.2 gallons of fuel) - 3269 lbs

Last edited:

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
So we finally have all of the figures we've been waiting for and after a bit of simple math, here are the final weight numbers:

Dry Weight (No fluids whatsoever) - 3054 lbs (This is the number published by Ford)
"Race Car Dry" Weight (Dry Weight + all fluids, but no fuel) 3173 lbs (this was mentioned by Raj Nair in an interview that Autblog has posted)
Curb Weight (Race Car Dry Weight + 15.2 gallons of fuel) - 3269 lbs

3269lb is Corvette territory, I have to say I am disappointed that the weight is so high, I don't understand quoting dry weight anyway because the car cannot be run "dry". Horsepower and torque are both excellent, we know the aero is world class and nothing in the car world comes close in appearance but Damn!