Just bought a 2015 911 Turbo S

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Am in the process of designing the actual build, with a June delivery. I was planning to go black on black with yellow gauges and yellow belts seat belts.

Any of you P car owners have any thoughts as to what other options I should consider?

I hate sunroofs and don't want one, but am being told by at least one salesman (FWIW) that when it comes to resale, I could lose as much as 20K without a roof...

Thoughts?

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Get what you like, skip the sunroof. If someone wants sun in a Turbo they get a convertible, I can't imagine losing an extra dollar down the road for lack of a sunroof.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Get what you like, skip the sunroof. If someone wants sun in a Turbo they get a convertible, I can't imagine losing an extra dollar down the road for lack of a sunroof.

Agree.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Agree as well. How about contrasting color stitching on dash and seats. Matching color on seat back and center console.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The option list on Porsches is endless. Just get and buy what suits your fancy

Just to bad you can't get a manual

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Congrats FBA! You will love that car. The S comes with all factory performance options so anything else is just to tickle your fancy.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
The option list on Porsches is endless. Just get and buy what suits your fancy

Just to bad you can't get a manual

Roketman, best to get adjusted to the demise of the manual transmission. It's antiquated technology that no manufacturer will put into any car with aspirations of being competitive with the rest of the performance market. That's just a fact.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Roketman, best to get adjusted to the demise of the manual transmission. It's antiquated technology that no manufacturer will put into any car with aspirations of being competitive with the rest of the performance market. That's just a fact.

Come to think of it, now that there is no need for a clutch peddle, time for the manufacturers to think about the brake peddle designed to be used by the left foot.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I suggest as much Carbon Fiber as possible, yes it is too bad no 3 pedals, Ferdinand must be rolling in his grave. Ok so you save a second or 2 with the Doppelkupplung (for us Yanks it's the PDK :lol :lol :lol) but nothing beast the driving engagement of shifting and commanding the gears yourself with the third pedal. Congrats on the P-car :thumbsup

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Agree as well. How about contrasting color stitching on dash and seats. Matching color on seat back and center console.
Doing the contrasting stitching almost everywhere!
It seems I can't get full black wheels on the Turbo S...so either I'm going to have to paint them, or buy new wheels. I just don't want any polished or silver on them.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
All true, but badly robs the enjoyment of driving, when the process of heel toe has been mastered. Ill get over it someday, but will still have the now "old and passe" 2005 GT to enjoy....

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
I'm fine with no clutch. I have enough cars with enough clutches. :)

To have a car that I can simply trounce the pedal and go 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, without anything more than a simple footstomp, works well for me. She's going to be a summer DD.

At least I know I don't have to double clutch her for the first few minutes of driving - like I do in my FGT. LOL

I wonder though which is going to be quicker in a roll from say 30 or 40 on...my 825 RWHP GT, or the TT S. I'm betting the FGT. Will be interesting to see...

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Turbo will weigh it at what ?

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
A real good car! I just got back from Finland where we played with the 991Turbo S on ice for 3 days. Unbelievable how one can beat on these cars without issues. Seeing all different colours near one another I prefered the blue.

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
I've had my 2014 for a year now. Probably the best all around car I've owned. I have a Launch Model so had no choice in terms of how configured. Full leather interior is all I'd suggest. I'd stay away from the Active Cruise, very expensive and in my experience rarely used.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My2008 GT2 has launch control!
Oh and it’s a standard!
The turbo S is an awesome car.I’m sure you will really enjoy it.
After all .Whats not to like!

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
I've had my 2014 for a year now. Probably the best all around car I've owned. I have a Launch Model so had no choice in terms of how configured. Full leather interior is all I'd suggest. I'd stay away from the Active Cruise, very expensive and in my experience rarely used.
I have it in my Jeep SRT and I have used it once in 3 months...so I'm not ordering that option in the TT S. I will go full leather...but no painted key fob...LOL

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Love Porsche! I have had 3 911 Turbos, and still have my 996 turbo with EVO GT700 package. My latest one was a PDK turbo and it was a rocket! I will get a new S in a year or two. The best DD supercar. Enjoy your new 911 and congrats!