5.0 & SFs Modular Shootout/Smackdown @ NRP, October 22nd...

Fourcam330

Jul 31, 2005
5.0 & SFs Modular Shootout/Smackdown @ NRP, October 22nd...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fall Smackdown/5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Modular Shootout @ Norwalk Raceway Park on Saturday October 22nd from 9am-5pm.

On Saturday Oct. 22nd from 9am-5pm at Norwalk Raceway Park (Norwalk, OH) forty dollars ($40.00) buys you an unlimited number of quarter mile passes against whomever you choose to line up against, all day long, at a track as notorious for its hook (both lanes are fully prepped multiple times per day) and cleanliness as it is the $1/1lb homemade ice cream it sells. Some participants from prior SD’s have made as many as thirty passes at a single event, so there’s little concern regarding actual track time.
NE Ohio air in mid October is typically brisk and of mineshaft composition. In short, unless the event is rained out, records are sure to be set and broken by everyone that participates. There is NO tech inspection on site, so you will need to sign an insurance waiver, we expect racers to come prepared with the proper safety equipment for their cars ET. There is also no set in stone timeline or format for the event, which perennially makes “Smackdown” a truly enjoyable and somewhat relaxing race for both racers and spectators alike.
At this October’s Smackdown, we will also be hosting the first ever 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Modular Shootout—featuring some of the biggest names and quickest/fastest cars in Modular racing today (2V NA/2V PA, 4V NA/4V PA); Dr. Jamie Meyer of 5.0&SFs. will be present for the duration of the race performing event and car coverage. He will be also looking for feature cars for a magazine spread, both modular and pushrod. So..have your car cleaned up and ready to go as the camera never lies!!! In addition, professional photographer Kelly Pelrine will be on site taking pictures. Kelly shoots for many magazines and does a top notch job.
Anyone participating in the event may choose to enter the 5.0 & SFs Modular Shootout (obviously you must be racing a Modular) for no additional fee—though you will be required to fill out and submit a basic info form similar to what you see in 5.0&SFs every month. We will be writing "SO" underneath the number on the windows to identify for Dr. Meyer which cars are participating in the magazine shootout.
Ford GT owners, there will be a special class for GTs, and I can virtually guarantee you'll see yourself and your cars in print. I can't think of a better venue to legally explore all the GT has to offer in the form of straight line speed.
We have secured a group discount rate (10% off) at a few local hotels/motels (all with wet bars open until 2:00am) located less than 3 miles from NRP itself. I’ll post more hotel contact info in the near future. One NRP concession stand will be operating, and as always you may bring your own food/drink—NRP also has the nicest restroom facilities I’ve ever seen at a track, bar none.
There are no real sponsors for the event, meaning there are no prizes (other than internet/magazine fame), however vendors (with prior approval) are welcome to set up a tent/booth in the vast NRP pit area.
This is an all Ford event, so PM Ben Dorn (MODCOBRA) or me if you’ve got something interesting to bring that doesn’t wear a blue oval.
If there are any other specific questions about the event, again please feel free to contact either of us via PM with your questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Last edited: