What is the October Surprise?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
OK maybe it won't be in October, but I figure there just has to be one more surprise, some little tidbit of news coming out on the Ford GT before the end of the model run.

Here's my guesses as to waht that could be, along with-- on some of them-- my pessimistic opinion why they are unlikely.

Like to hear if anyone else on the Forum sees any of these conjectures coming to reality:

-targa. Chances are nil as loss of torsional rigidity woulld require de-powered engine.

--factory race team (chance are nil since failure of Jaguar F1 team)

--announcement of program allowing Americans to re-import GTs sent to Canada , UK and continent (in effect an amnesty program) so Americans can stretch out production beyond official end date for American-spec. models.
No opinion on if this is feasible

--announcement of Ford-sponsored owners' club and/or magazine for owners

--announcement of ramp-up in numbers to be made

--announcement in premature curtailing of numbers to be made (as Porsche did on the Carrera GT)

--announcement of Lincoln-Mercury version with different bodywork and name
(in the same way Chrysler is going to make another body for the Viper in '08)

--announcement of Shelby-branded version with cosmetic tweaks
and their own serial numbers

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
centerpunch said:
Maybe (or maybe not) we'll see a couple more "Ford Performance Parts" pieces at SEMA... maybe different wheels.

I don't see anything else changing except the selling prices continuing to drop. Those red '05's are going to be a real good deal come December.....
I think all the selling prices will drop! But who cares, it is a great car to have!