Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
might not be great, but it is anything but bad :biggrin I think it is a solid snap shot of the three cars, thanks for posting the link!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Works for me. Not a whole lotta shifting at Gingerman. I'd like to see a similar test at a bigger track, say Laguna Seca? Hopefully ENZO BTR puts that together in their comparo...

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
What they don't have is a good benchmark of what something like a lotus elise or a 911 does on the same track.....

Gingerman actually favors these cars while Laguna Seca may give them less advantage over an elise. My vote is to test them on Road America --full course as it has a bit of everything including a decent main straight.

I have driven a lot of cars back to back on tracks and often found interesting results....driving an elise the same day as an enzo and a carrera GT.

My conclusion is the highest variance stems from driver to driver, not car to car (within reason) --think this year's golf clubs with a 10 hcp vs 1995's clubs with a scratch player. If some one has less than a dozen track days (not 30 min sessions) a year, you can be sure they are not getting close to the car's capability. Tires are the other understated variable. Time laps of the same car, same driver with three different tires and watch how fast the softer compounds rise to the top---each mfr will make different trade-offs in wear vs performance as they all recall the NSX experience when a class action resulted in 3 free pairs of rear tires for each owner ....

Finally, the real test is on the road, as few owners really put many track miles on these cars. All of these cars get a taste of humble pie when they get on a track next to a real race car. So things like styling, craftsmanship, and sound ( yeah, a 360 sure seems a lot faster than a 911 turbo 0-60, but isn't) start to take on increased importance. I don't know a lot of people who have ever reached top speed in any of these cars--few tracks have the space--and the guys that do are close to having a screw loose.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think its a good clip.

The driver doesn't use all the track avalible exitnig the corners, and his coment on the GT "the brake pedal really comes alive" I found a bit funny, but decent driving anyway..
:lol