Screaming yellow?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
I thought I saw the yellow color similar to the Concept GT40 named "Screaming yellow" in some literature but then when I looked at my '05 brochure (yellow car on black background) it says "Speed Yellow."

Does anyone know if they ever marketed the new Ford GT for awhile with the Screaming Yellow color called that?

Also Tungsten Silver replaces the old Quicksilver for '06 right?

I am surprised that the Tungsten Silver,supposed to be a 40th Anniversary of LeMans model, doesn't have a metal dash plaque or anything like that where when Jag was crowing they won LeMans I think it was even on the hood of the Xk120.

Thanks for any news on the color names...

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
You may have seen that in the past. I know they use Screaming Yellow for the Mustang. Similar to the lighter Blue they used on one GT but opted to not make it available on the GT because they wanted it for the Mustang and of course want to have the GT colors unique.

Yes, the Tungsten does replace Quick Silver for 06, however not in limited production as originally communicated.

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Well someone at Ford still thinks they offer Screaming Yellow

If you go to this website, an official Ford site, called

http://www.fordgt.net/

it lists Screaming yellow as a color choice. Go figure...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
bitzman said:
If you go to this website, an official Ford site, called

http://www.fordgt.net/

it lists Screaming yellow as a color choice. Go figure...

That's just a dealer's site that's been up a few years. And we all know how informative dealers are :rofl

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
DBK said:
That's just a dealer's site that's been up a few years. And we all know how informative dealers are :rofl

You mean the dealer who told me that his white/blue GT in the LA area had a unique very hard-to-get color was lying? That there were in fact 6 of them within a 50-mile radius?

Oh noooooooooo.....
:biggrin

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
That's it!

Screaming Yellow is the right color,

I bought two touch-up containers, just it case of a micro-scratch...

TheCreditMan

Feb 19, 2006
Midwest
Speed Yellow vs Screaming Yellow

On eBay a couple of yellow cars are listed. One is "Speed Yellow" the other is "Sreaming Yellow".

Are they the same?

Thanks.