Real Specs

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I would like to know from the Ford GT owners what are the real specs of the Ford GT; 0-60, 0-100, 100-0? Among other things. Because most of us don't know where to look :frown for the real specs on this car.

Svt03Cobra

GT Owner
Aug 14, 2005
? TN
Well, I'm not sure but I have an idea....I want know exactly until I G-Tech & do some tests on my new GT when it comes in..... I'll let you know the #'s as soon as I get them....

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
FordGTGuy said:
I would like to know from the Ford GT owners what are the real specs of the Ford GT; 0-60, 0-100, 100-0? Among other things. Because most of us don't know where to look :frown for the real specs on this car.

Read the various car magazines. It was either Car & Driver or R & T that had the comparison in their last issue.

Why don't you think these are real numbers?

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
barondw said:
Read the various car magazines. It was either Car & Driver or R & T that had the comparison in their last issue.

Why don't you think these are real numbers?

they varys to much and each magazine has their own locations and ways of testing. Also some magazines like to modify the specs they get :ack

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
FordGTGuy said:
they varys to much and each magazine has their own locations and ways of testing. Also some magazines like to modify the specs they get :ack

And you think that owners won't have their own way of testing? Also you think all roads are equally grippy? AT the end of the day there are quicker cars in a quarter mile than a Ford GT. So what!!! It was not made to be dragged.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
While I certianly would agree that real world numbers are different than magazine numbers, I doubt you'll ever get any uniformity in testing. The variations are too extreme. For instance, I live at about 4300 feet altitude. The thinner air really saps horsepower. Any testing done at this altitude would be worthless. Air temperature, driving skill, fuel quality and the build tolerances of a specific engine also effect performance numbers. The only true test for me is the old seat of the pants test. How does the car feel in relation to other cars I own or have owned?

The answer so far is that the GT is an awesome car. Incredible handling, huge thrust, and easy to drive. The only downside is being the object of attention EVERYWHERE, ALWAYS when I drive it. It gets old, believe it or not. :frown

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
Agreed. We're at 3600ft above sea level, and it equates to approximately 1 second slower quarter time.

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
I personally didn't really care about the performance of the GT. At these power levels, it's mostly about the pilot's expertise. The car looks so much better, has so much more originality and soul than anything else out there, it could have had 500 HP at the flywheel and I'd have been happy.
How many of us will even be able to use the car to the fullest of its abilities? I think I'd need a couple dozen days at the track to even master a car like that, and I neither have the time nor the inclination to subject the GT to something like that.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
fordification said:
Agreed. We're at 3600ft above sea level, and it equates to approximately 1 second slower quarter time.

not with forced induction :thumbsup at 3600 ft there really won't be anything stock that can run with a GT.

I personally didn't really care about the performance of the GT. At these power levels, it's mostly about the pilot's expertise. The car looks so much better, has so much more originality and soul than anything else out there, it could have had 500 HP at the flywheel and I'd have been happy.
How many of us will even be able to use the car to the fullest of its abilities? I think I'd need a couple dozen days at the track to even master a car like that, and I neither have the time nor the inclination to subject the GT to something like that.

Dear wonkawonka,

it is maybe because i am swiss, lived for many years nearby germany with his wonderful "Autobahns" (but there is due to today's traffic w. trucks and delivery vans, almost impossible anymore to drive superfast).

But i had since i own (one of the 101) my car now for exactly 8 years and 4 days, only a few times when i had it up to 180 - 200 mph, the fastest was between
216 and 220 mph, but only for maybe 12/15 seconds, in germany near the Rhein-Main Airbase of the US troops. But that is many years ago, now a days i go
to track days, more fun, less risk, but "eating" far more rubber than usual.

I can promise you, when you can learn to master your car at speeds over 150 mph, the real fun starts right there.
I do not suggest that you shall drive so fast through corners, but you will be teached what will your GT do, when you push the pedal to hard in a corner. You learn, even from 50 - 80 mph trough corners, you will then see, what i am talking about. Go to a track day, organized by reputated org. as Skip Barber, Bob Bondurant, or another well know Racing school, ask your Ford GT dealer, maybe even he, will be able to provide you with a track-day-event held by maybe a Ford Club in your area in the continental US or Canada.
Last possibility: ask here in the Ford GT Forum about other owner's experiences with track days, you do not, i repeat it : want to become a racedriver, you only should be able to handle your GT after such a track day with your skills, better than the day you had it delivered/brought.

with a lot of enthusiasm, and GT greetings yours

FelixIbizaSwitzerland

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
not with forced induction :thumbsup at 3600 ft there really won't be anything stock that can run with a GT.
Ya, there are a few cars that will - ZR1 is one of them...and it will beat the GT too, not in top speed, but in acceleration, easily. ZR1's run 10-second quarters all day long. That being said, I'll take my GT over any other cars in my garage every day of the week, including my 900+ HP Z06. Not only is it fast, but there isn't another car I own or have driven that drives quite like a GT.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I am at a mile high. Think how I feel. We all loose almost a full second in the 1/4 mile. At least we are all on the same playing field. ;)

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
I'm still at 3.6 sec 0-60 with exhaust, pulley and tune. It's a matter of grip and clutch release.
0-60, 0-100, AWD cars are king now a days. After you get grip, lightly modded Ford GTs and ZR-1s are two of the best.