Why?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I suppose technically since this is the FordGTforum, the new Shelby is a type of GT :lol

Lord knows I love SVTperformance for many things, but the GT500 section over there is just an abomination. So much misinformation, so much whining. If you don't want the car, don't buy it, don't talk about it, don't cry that Ford should burn in hell. I'll take a 500hp pony car any day. Sheesh.

Therefore, I've added this section so those that actually like the car can take refuge from the barrage of IRS-snobs. Yeah I said it. :biggrin

Evil_Merlin

Aug 2, 2005
Nashua, NH
Thanks!

It may be a bit more quiet around here, but no whiners, so it's a win for me.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ah well we've only been open here for 2 days. :biggrin

Hopefully eventually we'll get a couple hundred like-minded fools to hang out here.

:cheers

Fourcam330

Jul 31, 2005
What, no L2 01 Cobra? :)

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
:thumbsdow Wait, what about the bimmer though?

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
This section needs a theme song! Hmmm, how 'bout "Latch on, to the positive, don't mess, with Mr negative, latch on to the affirmative, don't mess with Mr In-between"!

Just ribbin ya, DBK! I appreciate the GT500 too.

Attachments

• HeatShield7.jpg
    HeatShield7.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,111
  • HeatShield1.jpg
    HeatShield1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,218
  • HeatShield2.jpg
    HeatShield2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,116
  • HeatShield3.jpg
    HeatShield3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 27

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Vic said:
This section needs a theme song! Hmmm, how 'bout "Latch on, to the positive, don't mess, with Mr negative, latch on to the affirmative, don't mess with Mr In-between"!

Just ribbin ya, DBK! I appreciate the GT500 too.

:rofl

It's not so much my love for the GT500, it's some people on SVTperformance's inability to stop bitching about it. Pretty ironic the guys with the 4.6L 390hp roots blown car can't stop whining about the 500hp 5.4L version.

Hopefully by the end of the year the garage will have Tungsten Silver versions of both of em :biggrin

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Mmmmm, Tungsten! [/homer simpson voice]

Me likey. So many cars, so little money....:)

crispy23c

Sep 1, 2005
NH
DBK said:
:rofl

It's not so much my love for the GT500, it's some people on SVTperformance's inability to stop bitching about it. Pretty ironic the guys with the 4.6L 390hp roots blown car can't stop whining about the 500hp 5.4L version.

Hopefully by the end of the year the garage will have Tungsten Silver versions of both of em :biggrin

Yep! Count me in! BTW, I want the Tungsten '500 vert. 1st on the list @ my local SVT dealer! :cheers

Hope to some day down the road have a matching Ford GT :thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm on the list for the GT500. The dealer that sold me my GT said I could have his first car. We didn't talk price yet though... :rolleyes

Svt03Cobra

GT Owner
Aug 14, 2005
? TN
Can't wait....

I'm waiting very quietly for mine..... :biggrin

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I'm wondering is the power will be underrated or overrated and knowing Ford the car is probably gonna get 535+rwhp

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am on a list as well. If I can get close to sticker, I will take the car. What blows me away is there are any number of Vette dealers that post on the Vette forums and sell all day long at below sticker.
On the Zo6 I have heard of window deals, but not any stories of discounting below that.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Next US car

Won't want a Mustang... But the Shelby I'll bleed for ! :ack

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
SLF360 said:
Won't want a Mustang... But the Shelby I'll bleed for ! :ack

It will be an awesome car... with all the GT engine specs and all :biggrin

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
anyone find any current news on the gr-1? is it a definite go? I bet alot of things will have to line-up before it's confirmed.

Cool Runnin'

GT Owner
Oct 6, 2005
Miami Beach
I saw the GR1 concept at the Miami Auto Show today. They had a GT next to it. In real life I think the GT is much better looking. The Ford guy told me he thinks the price will be around $80k.

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
I hope the listed weight was some kind of a joke.

Gburg

Feb 28, 2006
Columbus, OH
I hope Ford will support the GT500 better than the GT. Bad enough Ford only had the GT, as a two year commerative car. Dealers did not see it worth their while to send mechanics for training on how to service the GT, or to get
in the proper lifts in their service departments. I will not pay six-figures for a car and be told that it would be better for me to change the oil myself. :bs Remove 40 bolts before beginning to change the oil...?? Don't think so. I do not want to become that initimate with a GT. The Z06 has only one drain plug at bottom of the oil pan. Chevy dealers have fully supported Vettes for years. I only check oil and fluid levels, check tire inflation, wash and wax, and fuel it up. The dealer does everything else. I change the oil and do other maintainance, by drinking coffee and reading magazines in the customer lounge.

To bad about the GT, as I have no real interest in the 2007 Shelby GT500.
Looks too much like another cheap Mustang. The Mustang design is long in the tooth.

Gburg

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
centerpunch said:
OK, bye! Back to the Corvette forums you go!

LOL :rofl :rofl :rofl