coolest car cover ever

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Have any of you guys opened up you car cover yet? You got to check it out. It is the coolest cover I have ever seen. Black with double stripes and lettering on the rockers. :thumbsup

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Cool Cover

K-P Garage said:
Have any of you guys opened up you car cover yet? You got to check it out. It is the coolest cover I have ever seen. Black with double stripes and lettering on the rockers. :thumbsup

Yes that cover is great good looks and protects your car from paw prints and stuff. I am using mine alot. I like how you can check the tag out too.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here's a photo in case you haven't seen it.

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 420

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Agreed. I first used it about a week ago and was happily blown away by its quality and cool design.

Great photo!

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
I used to use mine all the time, but I stopped using it now for 2 reasons:

1- It keeps the moisture inside, which is not good. If you have a nice enclosed garage, you don't generally need the cover.

2- It was somewhat bothersome to have to wait an hour for the car to cool down before going back into the garage and putting the cover on.

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
Is the car supposed to come with the cover because mine did not (Legacy Ford in Ohio)?

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
FGT4me said:
Is the car supposed to come with the cover because mine did not (Legacy Ford in Ohio)?

Yes it is. The cover is in a "Ford GT" bag in the trunk. Included in the trunk is also a trickle charger.

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
My bad.
The car is still at the dealer out of state. I had not let them prep the car so the trunk was never opened.
I gave him permission to open the trunk and the bag with car cover and charger are there. :banana

Now if I can get a copy of the "Portfolio"...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
got the cover and thought it was an air compressor under the tow bolt, I guess it is a trickle charger.

JAM-GT

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2005
Trickle charger

The thing underneath the tow bolt is the tire inflation kit (combined tire sealant injector and compressor). The trickle charger came is a small, black zippered pouch about 5x6x3 inches in size. The charge looks like a small AC/DC adapter connected to a long cord that ends in a cigarette lighter adapter. You're supposed to plug it in to the accessory outlet (instead of having to hook it up to the battery directly). The part number is 4G7V-14B249-AA.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
thanks, wow, i got one... was feeling like a black sheep for a minite or two :biggrin

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
I just received a new custom car cover which is made from much softer material on the inside and is breathable. It is form fit and the same color as the car. I was concerned that the Ford cover could scratch the paint over time.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
saber,
where did you get your cover from? thanks

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
JAM-GT said:
The thing underneath the tow bolt is the tire inflation kit (combined tire sealant injector and compressor). The trickle charger came is a small, black zippered pouch about 5x6x3 inches in size. The charge looks like a small AC/DC adapter connected to a long cord that ends in a cigarette lighter adapter. You're supposed to plug it in to the accessory outlet (instead of having to hook it up to the battery directly). The part number is 4G7V-14B249-AA.

Its the same type device as used on the Corvette Z06 since they have the same tires. It works fine in an emergency and I use it to adjust pressures on track days.

I do not think I would ever use the sealant.

Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dave, some AMG Mercedes models also have the bottle of goop and the compressor to save weight. I bought a front wheel and tire for emergency use.
Loose a tire at highway speed, by the time you pull over the rim will have cut the tire to shreds. Been there a few times and have done that. Zero fun.

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
bony said:
saber,
where did you get your cover from? thanks
Bony,
I got a Covercraft "form fit" that I ordered on carcoverworld.com. You select the Ford GT and Covercover makes the cover using the GT's dimensions in the color of your choice. It takes about two weeks to receive it and the cover fits (stretchy) and looks better than the Ford cover, and is much softer.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well I bought a second cover from the European dealer...

cover.jpg

Breathable, soft and very nice to look at :thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
One of One-

That cover is beautiful! I wish I could get one like that in The States.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Florida Chris said:
One of One-
Florida Chris said:
That cover is beautiful! I wish I could get one like that in The States.

Chris,
Try the German dealer, and see if they are able to help you out.
Stephanie.Bleyhl@schwabengarage.de is the woman to contact

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
I wonder if Ford has some cardboard boxes in the shape of a GT I could setup under a cover. :skep