New Coilover Option

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
I got them from Lenny @ Adaptec. They have both the spacer version and adapter version.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Did you get your longer studs from them too? ARP?

Did you install them yourself? If so, how did you press the old studs out?

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
Did you get your longer studs from them too? ARP?

Did you install them yourself? If so, how did you press the old studs out?
Yeah, ARP. I have an account with them, so ordered direct.

The car was with Rich at the time, so he did the stud swap. But it is fairly simple: knock out the old studs (old flat lugnut on end of stud & hit with a hammer); slide new stud in (line up straight) the hub and seat it by tightening a lugnut with two washers between the hub & lugnut (impact gun/power tools will make life easier).

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If you like the Hot Wheels look, go for it. Just don't expect any difference in handling.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Pete, I grew up on HotWheels. Of course I like that look. ;)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Just don't expect any difference in handling.
Oh, I think you can expect a pretty big difference in handling!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
:unsure:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
NOT in a good way, mind you. But just think of all the new friends you can make at the local cars and coffee.

My God, a Ford GT on Chinese coil-overs and slammed! You'd be the HERO to every rice rocket around!

Slammed.jpg

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
If you like the Hot Wheels look, go for it. Just don't expect any difference in handling.
Generally wheel spacers do not make much of an impact on handling for street cars. But cleaning up the offset with OE wheels is often sought after in the looks department.

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
NOT in a good way, mind you. But just think of all the new friends you can make at the local cars and coffee.

My God, a Ford GT on Chinese coil-overs and slammed! You'd be the HERO to every rice rocket around!
This is hilarious, you do not have the cognitive ability to stay away from this thread. The fact you are so focused on these coilovers, for weeks, shows your mental state is . . . questionable.

Also, I noticed neither you, nor cool tech are registered with the BAR. That is a bit concerning for owners with their cars in your shed. Between that fact and your conduct, I will not ship coilovers (or any parts) to the cool tech address.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I will not ship coilovers (or any parts) to the cool tech address.
Ahh man! Please tell me it ain't so! There's owners literally lined up around the block who want to install this *shit* on their GT and now you are cutting us out? Why oh why? And you have so much margin in these - I thought you would share! Retail is ~$3600 for a full set and you're ONLY charging $5000 for the privilege of ruining a GT??? Wow - such a great deal all the way around.

For owners that want cheap Chinese-made shit on their GT, I guess we'll just have to offer BC or Silvers - you know, the traditional Fortune Auto competitors. Maybe, like you, we can mark those up 40%... because GT owners are suckers and maybe if we price them higher someone may be fooled into thinking they are better!

Attachments

• Fortune.jpg
    Fortune.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: twobjshelbys

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
C'mon gentleman, play nice. Or at least a little nicer. One of the most awesome and refreshing things about this forum is we usually don't have this type of discourse. I belong to FerrariChat, bunch of Porsche oriented ones, and the FordGT Forum is the absolute best because members are pretty cool to each other.

I am not an expert, just a normal guy that enjoys the car immensely, but there are "different strokes for different folks," and it's all good. Someone wants to do whatever they want to their car, that's ok by me. As long as they don't tell me what to do with mine, of course.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Where is Bony when you need him.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We would all have 0 posts.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
We would all have 0 posts.
:ROFLMAO:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Where is Bony when you need him.
If we had Bony, this thread would have been killed 5 minutes after it started - and certainly before the first response.

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
Ahh man! Please tell me it ain't so! There's owners literally lined up around the block who want to install this *shit* on their GT and now you are cutting us out? Why oh why? And you have so much margin in these - I thought you would share! Retail is ~$3600 for a full set and you're ONLY charging $5000 for the privilege of ruining a GT??? Wow - such a great deal all the way around.

For owners that want cheap Chinese-made shit on their GT, I guess we'll just have to offer BC or Silvers - you know, the traditional Fortune Auto competitors. Maybe, like you, we can mark those up 40%... because GT owners are suckers and maybe if we price them higher someone may be fooled into thinking they are better!

The coilovers are not available for you or your company to purchase – because of your conduct and the lack of a license through the BAR – and it appears you do not want the coilovers. In addition, you have repetitive behavior related to the same false statements, even after factual information has been provided. There is no reason for you to continue to engage in this thread.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I think everyone knows my position. I don't think this Chinese-made crap belongs on any GT. If an owner wants to do that, that's certainly their prerogative. As a shop that has worked on over 200 unique VIN GT's since 2006, it's safe to say that we would never lower ourselves to do this.

It is unfortunate that the cost of OEM replacement shocks are so high. However, I'm confident that alternatives will be available in the future - from brands that have years of credibility with racing teams and OEMs alike.

Last edited:
Reactions: twobjshelbys

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
While I have no dog in this fight….I have Motons on mine (and no idea where they are manufactured….LOL), I don’t mind having options.

With the way OEM parts are disappearing, hell give me some headlights made by Oompa Loompas and I would be just fine.

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
View attachment 69591

A picture from last week of the new shop we had to build to accommodate the hood strut business. Owners gotta leave their cars with us...installing these struts is not as simple as a Lambo 2WD conversion.
Would you mind sharing the Bendpak lift you are using? I'm in the market to purchase a 4 post lift and considering options and advise.

Thanks Shawn