Bah!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
So close.
Ok.. on to next event!

Things changed once it started getting dark the Porsche and Vette really came to life. Still great showing for Ford

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Did anyone ever actually see Westbrook spin? That sucks! Last lap spinout and miss the podium.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fox always over covers the top class at the last 5 minutes of every race. But, who woke the two sleeping Giants the last hour. What race strategy, them came on like no other cars. Ben Keating's team came on strong in their new Mercedes car. I can see them winning a lot of races. He's a Ford, Chry., and Dodge dealer from Houston and really a goood driver and very nice guy. Oh well next race!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Never saw Westy spin or even replay. Was shocked when they posted results. Fox coverage was pretty good I thought

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
C7ShVZMVoAEGmBA.jpg:large

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Never saw Westy spin or even replay. Was shocked when they posted results. Fox coverage was pretty good I thought

All I ever saw was "last lap incident" and a long sector 2 time that was over 50 seconds. Literally 11 hours and 59+ minutes. I was just wondering if he spun or he got spun. Westbrook is a hell of a driver so it's a shame to have that happen so late.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I didn't see the spin either. I only heard about it on IMSA Radio at the track.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
All I ever saw was "last lap incident" and a long sector 2 time that was over 50 seconds. Literally 11 hours and 59+ minutes. I was just wondering if he spun or he got spun. Westbrook is a hell of a driver so it's a shame to have that happen so late.

The radio commentators said he spun fighting for position with #62 but I don't recall hearing about any contact.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
"Briscoe’s #67 Ford finished fourth in class, having run third with a lap remaining before contact saw Westbrook spin.

“To get spun out of the podium on the very last lap is pretty disappointing to be honest,” said Briscoe."

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/03/19/wayne-taylor-racing-wins-sebring-12-hours/

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So who spun him? I mean, I have a suspicion based on the position they were in at the time, but haven't seen anything about it. I'm pretty surprised that the race broadcast didn't mention that. Someone getting spun out of podium position with a half a lap left? Seems like a bit of a story.

Crappy! They'll be back. 67 started slow last year but came on strong.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Watching the cars coming down the home straight to receive the white flag Westbrook looked like he had a decent gap between him and a Ferrari. When he came home 4th I was shocked.

They did show a quick replay after the race.. It looks like he got hard on the brakes in the turn. self induced spin.. . Anyway a heartbreaking finish for them. Sitting on the main straight as they received the White Flag I was thinking to myself 2, 3 is a good points victory. So when the Ferrari came in ahead of the Ford I was like what the heck?

replay here at the end of the video..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvmscnwNxmc

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Julie and I were sitting at T17, and 67 and 62 were pretty tight coming through.

By the way Brian, great job running the Ford display. You were easily the most knowledgeable Ford rep there. Ford should give you a free GT luggage bag for your efforts. :lol

I'm not sure about that Shmee guy, but allocating a car to Brian was definitely the right call.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
BRIAN IS GOOD!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Julie and I were sitting at T17, and 67 and 62 were pretty tight coming through.

By the way Brian, great job running the Ford display. You were easily the most knowledgeable Ford rep there. Ford should give you a free GT luggage bag for your efforts. :lol

I'm not sure about that Shmee guy, but allocating a car to Brian was definitely the right call.

Lol.. hey Paul it was great to see you Julie and the other GT forum Brothers ..I was mesmerized by the red car. I enjoyed hanging out at the Ford performance display. Mainly for the free water and the display models working the show ...:biggrin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Good highlights video. Ford and Risi rubbing throughout the race. It looks like both gave as good as they got. Nothing regarding the last lap incident in the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=--4S61TjxQA

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Who's blue car was this at turn 6?

IMG_1056.jpg

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Good highlights video. Ford and Risi rubbing throughout the race. It looks like both gave as good as they got. Nothing regarding the last lap incident in the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=--4S61TjxQA

see the link in post #113 at the 16:00 minute mark..

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Damn.