SPEEDGT

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2007
I'm in, Daytona would be nice

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Of course. We can finally have car corrals at actual races!

It will be at COTA for the 6 Hour WEC race. Could be Rally 11.

Sounds like a plan Dave. Have discovered several cruise routes/destinations since 09

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I called Daytona and talked to a sales rep who said every inch of their car corral space in 16 was spoken for. I then told her what Ford GTs were worth and she said she was going to speak with her boss and call me back. :lol I assume most people want to be there for all 4-days of practice and the actual race, so she's supposed to put together a 4-day pass package. They offer the packages online through their website for Corvette, Mustang, etc. I asked if they perhaps already had a Mustang space allocated for 16 we could squeeze in on but she said it was all Porsche and Corvette.

I plan on going with or without my car, but I think it would be cool if they can get us a space in the infield and let us show up with a bunch of GTs.

Wheels are in motion! Mark your calendars. Time to go watch some Ford GTs race! :party

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I assume everyone is on their on for places to stay but if anyone has recommendations or blocks of rooms that would be great.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I booked at the Sleep Inn, 5 mi north at an I-95 exit in Ormand Beach. $125+taxes. There are cheaper rooms on the beach (e.g., Quality Inn, $95+).

Some hotels are already showing limited availability, so book early.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
What are the dates in January?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What are the dates in January?

The actual race is January 30-31, 2016. Practice, qualifying, support races on the 28-29th.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
count me in..:thumbsup I heard if you show up the Ford Reps are putting you on the list for the new car !! :biggrin

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I'm in... hmmm, big question. Should I wear my Corvette or my Ford GT hat?! :)

Lance

Were both but put the GT hat on top(humpin style):biggrin

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'm in. It should be fun spending some time with some car guys and of course seeing the new GT racing. If DBK can work out some reserved parking, I may bring my GT.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I'm most likely in either way but a car corral full of GT's at Daytona would be pretty cool

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Booked on the beach from Wednesday to Monday.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
FYI - Daytona International Speedway called this morning. They are working on car corral situation. They want the cars there. We want to bring the cars. We shall make it happen. Even if the car corral space can't accommodate, they are looking into alternative display options.

Time to go racing!

maxresdefault.jpg

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
FYI - Daytona International Speedway called this morning. They are working on car corral situation. They want the cars there. We want to bring the cars. We shall make it happen. Even if the car corral space can't accommodate, they are looking into alternative display options.

Time to go racing!

maxresdefault.jpg

Cool, I booked a hotel also. Dave where did you find info on the support races? I didn't see them on the Daytona site. Thanks !!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Cool, I booked a hotel also. Dave where did you find info on the support races? I didn't see them on the Daytona site. Thanks !!

I didn't see them listed but they usually run Ferrari Challenge and Continental Sports Car. Last year CTSC ran on Friday, Ferrari Challenge had one race Friday, one race early Saturday.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Booked on the beach from Wednesday to Monday.

I plan on being there Monday to Monday. With my GT. Wednesday I will hopefully get some track time thanks to Team Seattle. That is always fun.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I called Daytona and talked to a sales rep who said every inch of their car corral space in 16 was spoken for. I then told her what Ford GTs were worth and she said she was going to speak with her boss and call me back. :lol I assume most people want to be there for all 4-days of practice and the actual race, so she's supposed to put together a 4-day pass package. They offer the packages online through their website for Corvette, Mustang, etc. I asked if they perhaps already had a Mustang space allocated for 16 we could squeeze in on but she said it was all Porsche and Corvette.

I plan on going with or without my car, but I think it would be cool if they can get us a space in the infield and let us show up with a bunch of GTs.

Wheels are in motion! Mark your calendars. Time to go watch some Ford GTs race! :party

Would you trailer your car down or drive? Thinking about going down there and would want to bring the GT.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Would you trailer your car down or drive? Thinking about going down there and would want to bring the GT.

I would either trailer myself or ship, because we're probably gonna take the kids to Disney while we're in the neighborhood and they no longer fit in the hood vents.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I would either trailer myself or ship, because we're probably gonna take the kids to Disney while we're in the neighborhood and they no longer fit in the hood vents.

Hmmm. That is a good idea with the kids. May have to consider that route as well.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Might there also be a slight risk of snow and crap weather getting out of MI and half way there?

Id also really like to see your facial expressions at Disney.....