The interesting people you meet when you drive a GT

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
They hatch a couple times a year in FL. Usually late April, early May is the worst. They fly around in pairs mating apparently, hence the cute name. They get really thick at times, so if your driving a vehicle, they get plastered all over the front of it. The worst part is that there is something acidic in their composition so after they get mashed onto your vehicle it will remove the clear coat. They really need to be cleaned off the same day to avoid the risk of ruined paint. If you wash them off the same day, it is pretty easy, and water works best. Leave them on to bake in the sun for a day or two and it can be a real bee-yatch to get them off...plus the paint damage. Lots of vehicles running around FL with paint damage from the little buggers.
I wonder how Special Ed would get them off using only a dry wash. :lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The only interesting people I meet when driving my GT are other Ford GT owners, or members of the Ford build and test teams - not really interested in anyone else.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The only interesting people I meet when driving my GT are other Ford GT owners, or members of the Ford build and test teams - not really interested in anyone else.

Not even the women attracted to red sports cars? I found this one to be somewhat interesting.

1966810_10152112603393393_2054199722_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Not even the women attracted to red sports cars? I found this one to be somewhat interesting.

I understand she was extremely disappointed that she couldn't sit in the blue/white GT instead.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That's Bad.

You're not exempt from C&C and breakfast tomorrow either. We expect you to be there too Don.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I understand she was extremely disappointed that she couldn't sit in the blue/white GT instead.

That is obviously false. Anyone with a sense of style can see she wore her red car/white stripe/black interior dress.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That is obviously false. Anyone with a sense of style can see she wore her red car/white stripe/black interior dress.

Yeah, but she had blue and white undies. :biggrin

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Black GT

FordGT-9112copyLR_zps99dfe484.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
My Texas Rally Bugs

P1010220.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
BBQ7.jpg

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Well said Ralphie! Cheers to the forum and all the bonds it forges!

Rally8-0551_zps1297fa7e.jpg

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
That is a cool "By Chance Meeting"
I always find it fun talking with people on how, when or where a GT somehow changed their life and what it means to them when they see it...

Very cool indeed

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My Texas Rally Bugs

P1010220.jpg

OMG, how do you get the bugs out of the radiator? It took me hours to do it when I had a similar situation with my Cobra. I had to get some dental-looking pick tools to clear it out.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
OMG, how do you get the bugs out of the radiator? It took me hours to do it when I had a similar situation with my Cobra. I had to get some dental-looking pick tools to clear it out.

Just leave them in to horrify the Concours Judges...

IMG_0447copy.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I had to get some dental-looking pick tools to clear it out.

There you go right there...or wooden tooth picks. (I preferred the latter because they couldn't scratch the paint on the rad fins...uhhh...never mind. :willy)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
...and today I met several more interesting people. Rocking the Red, of course.

5D3_6919.jpg

5D3_6922.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Is that Paul (on the left)? He doesn't look interested! :thumbsup

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Is that Paul (on the left)? He doesn't look interested! :thumbsup

Negative. But he was as interested as the rest of us.

Red (me), White (andymlow), and Blue (Sinovac) raided a Mustang 50th Anniversary celebration at Currie Ford in Tampa. Howard was with us too, but sadly, his GT has been waiting all winter for him in NJ. Soon to be reunited though.

5D3_6926.jpg

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Those young ladies were there? I didn't notice them.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Those young ladies were there? I didn't notice them.

They didn't notice you either.