Inbound - new owner!

labrit

GT Owner
Nov 5, 2013
London
Hi guys,

Did a little research on here the last few weeks and am picking up my 06' Black with Silver strip (all 4 options) FGT this weekend! The car is stock with an accufab exhaust.

I sold my Lamborghini LP560 after 2 years and 15,000 miles including the Giro across Italy earlier in the year and couldn't deal without having a supercar in the fleet so here we go!

Only sat in a friends last Saturday for the first time and can't wait to pick it up!

Some pics from the dealer:

ford-gt-40862503-1.jpg

ford-gt-40862503-4.jpg

ford-gt-40862503-5.jpg

ford-gt-40862503-6.jpg

ford-gt-40862503-9.jpg

ford-gt-40862503-12.jpg

fgt.jpg

Josh

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Your gonna love it

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Welcome Labrit. Looks like you're a driver not a collector. Great to hear and I hope someday to make your acquaintance and congrats.

Vince H

labrit

GT Owner
Nov 5, 2013
London
Thanks Vince, used to live in LA, hence the screen name. Been active on forums for years under the same SN.

This is a weekend car only, i used the LP560 as a daily for 18 months and got sick of it and ended up buying 2 other dailys! Better to keep a car special and use once / twice a week but this car shall certainly get used.

Josh

Tomcat

GT Owner
I will be interested in your impressions vs the LP560...performance and "liveability".

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome to our little group of interesting and fun owners. You'll love your GT.

labrit

GT Owner
Nov 5, 2013
London
Thanks.

The only thing i haven't researched but need to review is the bumper delete - what's the options on that front?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thanks.

The only thing i haven't researched but need to review is the bumper delete - what's the options on that front?

Search "bumper delete" on this site's search engine (upper rt hand corner of this page). Then scan down the threads listed. There are several threads dealing with several different "delete kit" options offered. :wink :thumbsup

Oh! And welcome aboard!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Sweet! I'm interested in how that GT will fit on Brit roads. I think it takes about a lane and a quarter.

If your laws permit bumper delete, two popular options are the Classic Design Concepts "Sweet Ass Bumper Delete," which is a kind of OEM look, and the GT Guys LLC, which is more of a race look.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Josh, CONGRATS!!! You're gonna love it!! Geez, when you got the lambo, I had no idea you were even considering a GT. Based on your comments, I guess you had no idea either. Haha. Welcome to the fold.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Your gonna love it

Like he said!!! :)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard! - :thumbsup

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Congrats. Now make plans to ship it back to the States for Rally 9!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Congrats Josh. Looks like a great example. Let us know your thoughts after you've put some miles on it.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Great looking car. Is that really the dealer name?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Great looking car. Is that really the dealer name?
The UK has some great names hey? My fave resto in Chinatown was called "Ho Lee Fok". No joke. But probs more for the name than the food. :biggrin

Last edited:

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Welcome to the GT family, and yes, can you tell how it is to live with an Italian ? (Talking about the Lambo)

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
the uk has some great names hey? My fave resto in chinatown was called "ho lee fok". No joke. But probs more for the name than the food. :biggrin
lol

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Great-looking car! Congrats and welcome.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Welcome to a great car!
Best,
Mark