Orange Paint Code for Heritage

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Has anyone been able to find the paint code for the Orange on the Heritage Paint...

Matt

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
427Aggie said:
Has anyone been able to find the paint code for the Orange on the Heritage Paint...

Matt

I too would like to have this elusive code/number/information.
It seems to be the only color that still remains a mystery.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
I have it and will send it.

I actually had my paint shop look it up and get it from Saleen SSV. I will get the mix numbers and post it. If you use the standard mix published in the PPG book, it comes out too red.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
K-P Garage said:
I actually had my paint shop look it up and get it from Saleen SSV. I will get the mix numbers and post it. If you use the standard mix published in the PPG book, it comes out too red.

That would be GREAT!!
Thanks in advance.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Great thanks...I wanted to go by English Color today and have some mixed...I love this site.

matt

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
92NSX said:
There is no paint code for the orange on a Heritage. I looked extensively for several days and had a paint guy from FMC call and fax me lots of information concerning this color.
I have the mix codes for the brands of paint companies out there if that is of any help.
92NSX,
Yes, please do post what you have.
As of this moment in time, us Heritage folks have no Orange Paint information.
Thanks In Advance,

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Even the mixing codes don't see to be spot on...K-P said he custom mixed a set to get it right with PPG so I am hoping to get that really soon so I can make a stop at the English Color shop for a jar of touch up paint.

Matt

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Formula for Epic Orange

The Epic Orange paint used by SSV for the Heritage GT's is made by BASF. As you guys have already discovered, there is no touch-up paint or even a "color code" available yet for the Epic Orange. Here is the BASF formula for it:

M0 Mixing Clear - 744.2; M39 Yellow Ochre - 2240.9; M38 Orange 1314.7; A126 Tinting Black - 301.9; M60 White - 121.4

The formula above should make a gallon of Epic Orange - your paint supplier should be able to mix the same ratios in a smaller quantity for touch-up.

I don't have a sample yet, but when I do get one, I'll compare it to a car and let you know if it's right.

regards,

Jeff

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
paint info

427Aggie said:

Matt

Matt,

The Heritage Blue is "GL"

The Epic Orange is "E"

It should be on the door tag under TP/PS (Tape/Paint stripe code).

The BASF paint number for Epic Orange should be WH731465

Cheers,

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Here is the real deal Epic Orange codes

Here is the exact mix used by Saleen SSV:

BASF Glasurit -22 (single stage)
4 Quart Step 1/1
M0 - 744.2
M39 - 2985.1
M38 - 4299.8
A126 - 4601.7
M60 - 4723.1
Cumulative Amounts

We will be painting wheels as soon as Alberto the tropical Storm passes by. Will post pictures when done. KP :thumbsup

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Epic Orange paint

Just for clarification, the formulas provided by myself and KP are the SAME - I listed the individual amounts, he listed the cumulative amounts.

regards,

Jeff

Gerry

Oct 13, 2006
Dearborn, Michigan
Epic Orange Color Code

I think the Orange is Ford code- W5615E; BASF code - 80744

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
BSAF Paint Codes for Heritage GT

Gerry said:
I think the Orange is Ford code- W5615E; BASF code - 80744
Gerry,
See = http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3484
These are the BSAF paint codes for the Heritage as Saleen used during construction of these GT's.
Hope this clears up any confusion.
Regards,
Fred

FLASH

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 29, 2006
Atlanta, Ga.
Epic Orange

Has anyone been able to buy the touch up paint Epic Orange from a Ford dealer? If so can you provide me with the person and dealer so I can have some shipped. My local Ford dealer could not come up with anything when I gave him the Ford and BASF codes in this thread.
Flash

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Has anyone been able to buy the touch up paint Epic Orange from a Ford dealer? If so can you provide me with the person and dealer so I can have some shipped. My local Ford dealer could not come up with anything when I gave him the Ford and BASF codes in this thread.
Flash

Flash,

There is no "touch up" paint for the Epic Orange, it must be custom mixed per the BASF formula.

You may want to try contacting Gary Defratus at John Eagle Lincoln Mercury in Dallas, TX. Phone 214-904-3244.

They replaced my rear facia and both the Oragne & Blue colors matched the car absolutley perfect.

This who the Ford in Detriot recommended to do the work on my car.

I could not be more pleased with the results.

Hope this helps you out.

Fred

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Flash,

There is no "touch up" paint for the Epic Orange, it must be custom mixed per the BASF formula.

You may want to try contacting Gary Defratus at John Eagle Lincoln Mercury in Dallas, TX. Phone 214-904-3244.

They replaced my rear facia and both the Oragne & Blue colors matched the car absolutley perfect.

This who the Ford in Detriot recommended to do the work on my car.

I could not be more pleased with the results.

Hope this helps you out.

Fred

Fred-

Just curious, why did you have your rear fascia replaced?

Gerry

Oct 13, 2006
Dearborn, Michigan
Ford did not release Epic Orange touch up paint for the GT as it was probably too low of a volume. I would use Cobra Jeff's formula and see if a delaer can make up some touch up paint for you. Maybe someone already did because some delaers have to have extra from doing paint work already for some reason. Cobra Jeff was going to get some made up. Don't know if he did. Try contacting him and see how he made out.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fred-

Just curious, why did you have your rear fascia replaced?

Chris,

It had a crack in it.

Came that way, seems to have happened during the assembly process at Saleen.

All is now well.

Both Ford and Saleen were extremely helpful in resolving the issue.

Fred