09-09-2006 until 07-16-2019
Let's get serious
People who sell stuff/Non-Owners READ ME
READ ME: Who should JOIN FordGTforum.com and how to SELL ITEMS on the forum.
1. THIS SITE IS DESIGNED FOR FORD GT OWNERSIf you do not own a Ford GT, please remember that this is a site for owners or serious, imminent potential owners.Enthusiasm is fantastic. Everyone here is a car guy and whether it's a 240SX, a 2003 SVT Cobra, or a Continental GT, it's great to have enthusiasm for cars of any kind. But again, this is a Ford GT OWNERS site, so if you aren't actively pursuing a Ford GT or you don't own one, please keep your posts to a bare minimum. By bare minimum, I mean pretty much none. That probably sounds harsh, but it is what it is, and it's preferable to completely closing off the site to anyone but those who have a verified VIN. Usernames fronting for businesses will be deleted. Also, if you find yourself in your 3rd year of "looking for a Ford GT", don't be surprised if your threads or posts disappear. Do not register an account and then put replies saying "Nice car" or "looks good" for 96% of your posts. There are literally hundreds of car websites on the net where you can just shoot the breeze about cars. Because this is an OWNERS site, that right is largely reserved for owners, serious prospective owners, and those that worked on the Ford GT team to build the car. Over the past 3 years, we've had some of the best content of any car forum around for OWNERS of the car, largely because it's all first hand experience.
An additional note, if you are "looking for a Ford GT", do not hassle me for posting privileges and then:
- Ask "Will I like the Ford GT?" This is Ford GT Forum. Guess what the answer is going to be.
- Come on and use your posting privileges as a springboard to talk about yourself and the cars you own. Nobody cares. It's annoying. You'll be more likely to impress the teenagers at F-chat.
2. RULES FOR DEALERS AND OTHER VENDORSOnly supporting vendors and dealers can list cars, parts, accessories, services, etc., on the forum.Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about becoming a supporting vendor.(At this time, we're essentially up to our limit on vendors. If you notice, we basically have one detailer, one insurance guy, one or two guys that sell cars, etc.Ford GT Forum is an OWNERS site and the lack of bickering between vendors has been a priceless piece of the puzzle here. If a current supporting vendor decides they don't feel like paying the fee anymore, you'll be on the list for the future.)
3. RULES FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH ITEMS FOR SALE
Individuals who wish to sell their personal Ford GT, collector car MUST be subscribing lifetime members ($250 or $500). Individuals selling any other items must be a susbcribing member of some level. This membership can be ordered in your USER CP here: http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/payments.php
4. APPROPRIATE ITEMS TO LISTFord GTs or other collector cars, parts and accessories for Ford GTs, Ford GT services, collector car insurance, and basically anything along that line. We're not trying to sell watches, suits, netflix subscriptions, etc here, like some other car sites.Thanks for reading and cooperating.
Dave Bannister, admin
Ford GT National Rally I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
Indy 07, St. Pete 08, LE MANS 2010(!)
Texas Mile 200 mph Club
First it's pretty tires. Next it's pretty guns. Then the next thing you know, you're shaving your beard and wearing capri pants.